Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good bye Niue!!!!



Hey everybody!! :) Well like it says there turns out I'm leaving...



Just like that!! One of the shortest any Palangi has come and stayed here!! So earlier this week we heard from the immigration center because a member works there.  She tells us the new missionary is coming in! So i think it's my new companion! But we find out he's from the states! So we go look him up back home and it's a guy from Nevada! We're like what the?! So we start thinking what's going on! Maybe I leave or now two white missionaries! We didn't know but we wanted to know! Got our answer that night because President Porter called and said he needed to talk to me.. Freaks me out as always! haha so I give him a ring and he tells me I'm going home.. Haha jk! Back to New Zealand not home!! :) He says alright Elder Devey I'm expecting you to move fast and to come back and give it all you've got.  I'm sending you back as a District Leader.  I was like oh no you don't! Haha I've forgotten how to  preach by the way here! Now I have to be a district leader?! My trainer was one and I remember all the stuff he had to do! I'm far from that!! Haha but of course I acted excited to President! Well of course I’m excited just a little nervous! haha The funny thing is I don't even know if I'm leaving this Friday or the next to the bitter cold New Zealand.  We get transfer calls today so I'll be able to find out for sure. I thought I was getting lucky and skipping two winters in a row!! Prez said that it's supposed to be this Friday unless they don't get the new missionary ready in time so we'll see!! Next time you hear from me I could be in NZ or still on the Rock!! ha-ha But can you believe it I'm already leaving!! I'm pumped! I mean I love it here but I miss going hard out in NZ!! I just look forward to the growth that I'll be able to experience and the journey that lies ahead!! So I'm excited!! That was the crazy news this week!! "I'm leaving on a jet plane don't know when I'll be back again!!! "  Haha some people have already made me some and given me some gifts to take!
This Wednesday they're having a fia fia for me! So hopefully i leave this Friday or people are gonna think I messed with em’ to get gifts! haha :) So this may be my last week on Savage Island..  What a wonderful experience it has been to come all the way out here and see this walk of life and the faith among these island people. I'll definitely miss it here and in the end wish I could have stayed longer!! But time to look forward and prepare myself for what's coming up!! Kinda scared!!  So there's the news! Something else I don't feel worthy for!! But I know the Lord will take care of me and lift me upto accomplish the tasks that he has laid before me.  He's done it before and he'll do it again!! WOOO!!!! I'm excited!!!  Looks like I'm escaping the island!! I made my own raft out of sea turtles and the hair off of my back and I'm outta here!! Lata Niue!! :)  For my last P-day Elder Losalu did a pig Tongan style called the Velo!! I killed my last one!! Sad moment for me!! haha na just nasty again!! A velo isold school style where you put a stick through the pig and cook it over an open fire while twisting it!! More good memories!! haha So I'm gonnna make the most of this or maybe next last week that I can because I'm not sure if it'd be possible to ever come back here.. I sure hope so!! Well I love you everybody and hope you have a good week!!!! :) I miss and love you all!!! :)
Love Elder Devey

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

Wow, I didn't know he was leaving already. Crazy. Those pictures are cool. Is his camera there yet? Go Elder Parker Devey!!