Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One last week on Savage Island

Well turns out I'm stuck here for one more week! 


This is my last email here! The new missionary's visa didn't get all the way ready in time or something! It's kind of confusing but it wasn't done in time so they had to cancel the flight so I'm stuck here for one more week it looks like! Haha :) All goods, I get to live in paradise for a little longer! I don't feel I was ready to go yet anyways there was some things that I wanted to finish up before I left so now I have a chance for that.  So it's all good! I just wonder what is happening to Losalu's comp and my comp to! They're probably companions for this week I don't know. And I also wonder what's happening with my district without their fearless district leader! Haha JK!  I do feel bad for Losalu though because he doesn't want to be here longer! 6 months is already way to long for him.  Now it's probably another 3 months so he's kind of down about that so I've been trying to pump him up.  I do kind of wish I was able to be here longer, but I think it was long enough.  Now I want to go back to work! Haha enough of this vacation stuff! It's game time now baby!  So this last week been getting gifts from the people and such.
Also last Sunday was fast/testimony meeting so we went to both branches so I could bare my testimony to the people one last time. That was very special for me.  So maybe I needed to stay this one more week for that reason.  So this next week I'll just be trying to prepare myself for what's coming up! The bitter cold New Zealand weather that I'm not excited about! Almost was about to skip two winters in a row! It's like at its coldest point right now and it rains heaps! I'm pretty sure I'm on bike to because I'll be in Papatoetoe in the city.  (You don't say it like papa -toe-toe! its papatoi!)  This makes me more nervous because this zone is always the most successful in the mission.  President calls it the "flagship" of the mission.  I'll be in one of the most successful districts as far as baptisms go! So a lot of responsibility! But I'm excited! What a challenge and an opportunity to grow!! I can't wait! My comp is a Samoan from Australia so he speaks really good English which will be nice for a change! Haha I've gone on a trade off with him before he was in my very first district when I came out.  His name is Fuataga! He's really funny but likes to mess around too much so I'll have to slap him around a bit! So fun times on its way!! This last week I was packing and getting ready to go and last second they cancelled the flight so next week now!! Haha and I got my camera back so now I’ll go around for this week and take tons of pictures!! Got to have some memories of the rock!!   Ya, this last week they had that last fiafia for me and other goodbyes and lots of food! But besides those things just lots of service as always and doing what we do here on the island!  I don't know what else to really report! I hope you all have an awesome week and I pray and think of you all!! Next time you here from me I'll be back in Aotearoa!! Hopefully :/  LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!



Hi Mom!
You’re long lost son here! I can't believe it all my friends basically are all out on missions now! It's just incredible!  Exciting times for all I love it!! I did get the camera! Lucky I didn't leave here because it would have come here and then I would have left and never have gotten it or they'd have sent it back to New Zealand. So lucky I stayed another week and got it! I love this camera, it seems very strong!! So hopefully with the childproof strength I won't break this one! Thank you guys so much for that! Sorry for all that trouble! I loved the movies and the pictures you guys just had already on it for me to see! Wow Peyton is just incredible! Last I saw him he could only crawl! He was running around and talking and waving, man I was shocked!! The yard looks great! Thank you so much for all of that! Well mom I hope you have an amazing week!! I love and miss you so much!!!!!! :)


Hi Pop!
 Thank you for your words! Ya, I am very grateful for the new calling because I as well understand how much I'll be able to grow and draw closer to my Savior. So I'm very excited for that because I know how much this will compel me to be humble and to be a better missionary and instrument in the Lord's hands. So I'm definitely grateful and excited for what's ahead. Yes I'll definitely be keeping the shirt on and knocking doors and teaching and declaring repentance and baptism like crazy!! Can't wait I’m just gonna go nuts! I've felt cooped up for way too long! So I'll be in Papatoetoe in south Auckland again.  It's pretty close to my greenie area, Manurewa. The mission apparently is on fire there so hopefully I can add on my gasoline to the fire! Haha and don't worry these callings or trials that lay before in no way make me prideful. I just take them as an opportunity to grow in my relationship with God and also how to learn more how to help others to do the same!  It compels me to be humble if anything because I have to rely completely in the Lord and trust him in all things.  So I'm excited, and thank you for your prayers and support.

No comments: