Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Hey everybody!! :) I hope everyone's week went wonderful and that everyone is doing great! I know you all are cuz I know how God blesses families as their missionaries serve and I know they're feeling it! This week was a great one! It's such a refreshment to be back to a "civil" world! And to be able to do how I do with missionary work! Back to the grind! And man oh man was I thrown in the deep end. There's a lot of pressure and responsibility with where I'm at.  It's one of the best districts in the mission and they save souls like crazy!  But right now we're not doing to great. But this last weekend was awesome though!  My comp and I had 5 baptisms which consisted of a mom with her 3 kids, and than a single lady the next day.  Even though I wasn't there for most of that it still was a wonderful experience to see them make that promise with Heavenly Father.  So this last weekend our district had 6 so that was good but that's it for the month and there's only one weekend left.  So we're hoping, praying, and expecting miracles here!!

Ha ha But things are good! I enjoy my district very much!  We have the Tongan zone leaders in it with the Samoan sisters.  My old MTC comp and his comp.  And me and my Samoan bro Fuataga!  It's been a lot of fun.  They are all very good missionaries and work so hard.  I'm grateful to be here serving alongside them.  This ward I'm in is absolutely amazing to.  Such a great area.  A lot of members! Feels like Utah!!  They're great at helping out.  It's definitely my favorite ward so far.  Our apartment is pretty good! We get warm water so that's all I could ask for!  It's been cold and wet lately but it's just the time of season so I'm not complaining.  So this week I did some of my first baptism interviews! haha those are fun!  And than we got to do a temple trip! The first time I got to go through the New Zealand temple.  It was president and Sister Porter's last time with us.  It was so much fun.  It was a beautiful experience. It's been a long time since I went through.  So that was a very powerful inspiring moment.  Feel all refueled and just full of energy!! While at the temple I ran into a temple worker who was no other than good old Bro Watene from my first area and he is such an incredible man.  Atkin and I would always say he's demanding his spot in the Celestial Kingdom! Ha that was cool!  On the way home I was sitting up front with the Porter's next to the bus driver.  It was funny I like did a lesson with the guy with them right there! That was scary! haha  I really enjoy my calling but now i don't have any time to ever write in my journal or anything!  So hopefully you're saving all of these mom!! :/ 

Everything else this week went really good.  We set more people for baptism in July!  More miracles the Lord is just so merciful and loving it's been great!  I'm still trying to adjust back to the rigors here but it's been great and Elder Fuataga and I have a lot of fun!  He says hi to everyone by the way! He's way funny he's awesome so it's been great! He's an incredible singer, like a Chris Brown or something I don't even know!  Him and the tongan elders always do musical performances at the baptisms or firesides it's awesome.  After the temple we had a last conference with the Porter's.  They bore their last testimonies and than let us ask anything and everything not regarding missionary work! Man did we learn a lot about them and their story! It was hilarious!! I'm going to miss them so much... But luckily they're moving to Draper because he's working with the church now!  Can't wait to see them again!  Our new president should be here soon so can't wait for that either!  We had a last fireside with them all last night it was very very good.  But change is good and I can't wait to see where this mission goes!  I have my first district meeting tomorrow so please pray for me!  I’m nervous about that! ha I went on a trade off with Beckstead this week. 

 Oh man felt like back at the MTC again!  It's been fun being here and being in leadership.  I'm learning so much and already feel like I'm growing heaps again! The mission's just amazing how literally you are just shaped and molded to something new and so much better in such short amounts of time.  I love it and I thrive on that baby!! Ha ha so I'm loving being back! I'm just trying to find "joy in the journey" and not to get to caught up and stressed out with everything.  So it's been fun!! :)  Please pray for me because I shall be praying for you all!! I hope the best for all of you!! Have a wonderful week and I can't wait till we chat again!! Later!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! :)

Love Elder Devey

No comments: