Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Hey everybody!!! :) How is everyone?! I hope you're all doing awesome!! I'm doing good as always! The gospel is the plan of happiness! So why not?! :) Hope you all had a wonderful week!! This week was just more fun stuff with the festival! haha And with the Porter family's farewell! So I'll begin from the beginning! I think I told you last week about the two times that we danced with the people in the show! haha Good stuff! But our shows didn't end there! haha One night we had some time so we stopped by at all the festival stuff again.  We saw Tapu, an old lady who is one of the original stalwarts of the church here on Niue.  We started talking to her and I guess she was about to go up on stage! They were doing a fashion show, and the theme at that point RIGHT when we got there was missionary work!!! The church is true! haha So she's like come up with me! Losalu didn't want to but I was like Oh ya let's do it!! So we did the walkway! One of the members here, Robyn (Mufasa) always does all the announcing and all that showbiz stuff.  He knows all the history on the LDS missionaries here so when we went up with Tapu in front of all the people he did a great intro and background of LDS missionaries!

Awesome huh?! So that was good exposure with the people! Felt like a model up there! haha So more fun! We did a lot of service again and took the Porter's with us to cut grass at a home! And that's when my new camera broke!! I'm horrible with cameras I guess! The last picture I took was of President holding the weed whacker at us and than it was done for! So I blamed it on President! He broke my camera! Anyways we played basketball with David a lot, spent time with the Porter's.  One day we bought lots of coconut bread from Mama Rosa, another original in the church.  And visited all the single old ladies with Sister Porter and David and gave them little goodies! That felt really good!

We had our interviews with President.  Poor Losalu though because the President and I went for a long time because it was going to be our last one. It was like an hour and a half!  It was an awesome interview.. Got emotional a bit! Another one that got me a little scared of what's to come! haha he's got to high of expectations for me it kind of freaks me out! haha His plan is to keep me here a little longer, maybe the normal 6 months or shorter.  But he wants me to come back straight into leadership roles and he again wants me to shoot up quick.  He reemphasized like before, he knows I'm going to be a 'superstar' in the mission field.  So he's trying to accelerate my growth like crazy he says.  That's why he had those callings for me before Niue as well. He wanted me here in Niue because he knows how valuable the lessons are here and the trials I'll face will shape me into a powerful leader he says.  So that's why he has me here.  Those were some of the thoughts from the interview.  It was really good. I got a lot of work to do that's for sure!!! :) So let's do it!! Besides that we saw the Porter's quite a bit, gave them gifts and letters.  Also gave them some addresses of family and others back home! So they're going to visit you guys!! :) We had a MASSIVE fiafia(dinner and dances) for them the last night they were here. I've never seen so much food!! It was a joke!! and never ever in my life seen food go that fast!! Kinda scary!!  We gave a very good plate which we did Thursday morning! Filmed it all to so hopefully I can send home the footage one time!!
We bought a pig from a member and with some of our mates I did the honor!! haha I got in the pig pen caught the pig brought it out and killed the poor guy!! Man they're strong!! I felt like Rambo that's for sure because the scene was disgusting! And I didn't do it right at first so it wasn't a quick death for the guy!! haha I felt horrible!! :) The way I killed it was by stabbing it's throat and opening a big enough hole to get my hand in to grab the umbilical cord and tear it out to kill the pig!! Pretty nasty huh!! I felt so unworthy!! Haha But I made sure to eat some of him that night so it wasn't just murder!! :) Savage island I'm telling ya!!

Anyways at the fia fia we all ate and had fun with the Porter's people gave really nice beautiful gifts that they made for them.  They had us missionaries go up and give a chant.  I did a solo!! haha oh man! The people were laughing they loved it!! I was getting into it but pretty sure I looked like a fool! haha Than airplane day we took them back got last pic’s and last words with my first beloved mission president and my mission mom.. It was very sad! And no fair! Because out of all the missionaries in our mission besides the ones that go home of course I was the first one to have to say goodbye early!! Oh well!! Can't wait to see them again!!  So the last couple of weeks were probably the funniest of my mission so far!! Just a lot of unique cultural things and being privileged to be with such faithful servants of God. It was a wonderful week!! :) We also finally got the general conference DVDs so we've started watching those! haha That's a big enough email for ya'll! So hope you enjoy!! And you all best make sure that your Mother's or your wives have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!
Especially my mommy!! I love you Mom have a happy Mother's Day!! You deserve it more than anyone else!!! I LOVE YOU!!! :) I love you all so much have a spectacular week!!! :)

No comments: