Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011

Hey everyone!!! :) How's everyone doing?! I hope just fantastic!
Sounds like everyone had a great week last week! Thank you everyone again so much for your support, love, and prayers towards me.  I don't deserve it but thank you so much!! And again happy mother's day to those momma's out there!! But most especially my momma! :) I'm sorry but she is the best and you all know it! This week was a good week!! Just living it up here in Paradise! Haha just kidding! We're working hard! I'm trying to remember what happened this last week! Well good news is that there are a few people that I think look promising for baptisms! A couple of part-member families that we're focusing on so hopefully miracles will start happening!  We still do everything to help these little branches out here.  We clean and look after them. All sorts of stuff! 

Last Saturday we cleaned one of the chapels and there were literally thousands i mean thousands of massive bees in the chapel.  Not ordinary bees, huge!! So we spent all night killing them all with coconut brooms! haha that was fun!  Ate octopus the other night in a oomoo.  It's their season I guess! So this Wednesday we're probably going to go help Fasa hunting for octopus on the reef! Cool huh?! The only thing I haven't eaten yet that they eat here that's pretty crazy is the bat.  It's not their season yet, but they'll take shotguns and hunt for bat and eat em! That's one I got to have before I leave! Anyways what else!?

We're still waiting to hear from the immigration on the new missionary coming in because usually we get to hear early because of that.  And if it is Losalu leaving here at his six months and me staying than hopefully we find out soon on the next Tongan I'll live with for 3 months.  That sounds scary.. There's only so much to do and so many people to see on this island.  I don't know what in the world we would do for 3 months! Oh well the Lord definitely will provide because he always does!! :) Let’s see other news I'm now 220lbs... ha-ha just kidding!! Lies!! Just thought I'd freak you out!! :) But it is dangerous here! Too much food and they expect you to eat til you physically can't!! It's a rough game! But I got that whole year in NZ when I get back so I'll take away those "blessings" in physical form! Unless when the new president comes in they forget about us two missionaries exiled here in Niue and I stay here the rest of the mission! Who knows?! I hope not!! I can't wait to feel the fire of NZ again. 

It honestly is the best mission in the world! I know everyone says that about their mission but it really is!! It's a mission of miracles! If you work hard you can just see miracles and have success like crazy! It's so much fun!! I can't wait to go back! But I'm here now so I need to serve NOW with "no regrets" but it's hard here! We probably have 1 or 2 lessons a week, either a less active or one nonmember.  It's all just service and visiting the people and building those relationships so we can find someone prepared for the gospel!  So it just feels different here because since the island life here is "laidback" you're kinda forced to live that way too and it drives me nuts sometimes!! Cause I just wanna run around knocking doors or yelling at people!! haha oh well I am grateful with the experience.. It just worries me because I can't tell if I'm serving with regrets you know.. It just feels so different!! It's hard but I know in the end it'll all be worth it. I'm not complaining I'm grateful for this experience but oh what I would give to be back in NZ!! ha-ha this place is wonderful and fantastic for maybe a vacation! But for missionary work it's a different story! It makes you feel restricted! Whereas NZ there's no stopping ya!! Oh well sorry for going off a bit! I do love it here and I know I will miss this experience and the people greatly when I'm away. So I'll give it all now and be happy with what the Lord has allotted unto me for I know this is from the Lord! :) So it's all good than of course!! Well not much else to report! It was a normal week this week on the island! The highlight of the island experience so far did happen this week!! Got to talk to my Mom!! :) Now that was the BEST!! Well everyone I miss and love you all very much!! Wish and pray you all have a wonderful week this week!! :) Manuina E Aho!!! :) I love you!!!
Love Elder Devey

No comments: