Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012

Aloha!!

Hi everyone. It's Elder Devey once again!! :) Hope everyone is just doing absolutely wonderful and that all is going well for you all! I miss you all and pray for you constantly!! It's great to hear from all of you and I am so grateful for your love and support!

Well updates here! Let's see! Well there is quite a lot actually it just doesn't feel like it! It's sad to say which I know it's not true at all but I kinda feel like I'm on auto-pilot mode right now! Everything is just flying by and I know I am focused and I love the work and I'm working hard. But I guess familiarity or doing something for so long every day it's not as exciting as it once was.. That sounds horrible to say cause I love this work more than anything!! I think it may just be the fatigue is gettin to me! My body is getting more and more tired it's crazy! And yet the Lord still supports me and supplies me with strength which is a miracle in itself! :) But I really do love this work and I've never been happier in my entire life!! And we experience miracles all the time so it keeps me pumped that's for sure!!

So last pday was a lot of fun! We've been spending quite a bit of time with the good ol tongan elders Elder Falepapalangi and Herrick! They're awesome and we always have fun with them! Monday night was fun had some lessons with some great new investigators. We've been really blessed with a lot of people to teach and wonderful people for that matter. We're very busy the majority of our time! Almost to busy I'd say!! haha but I'm not here on my time it's His time so all good by me! :) Tuesday was fun as well did our thing and ran on over to all the district meetings in the zone. For once we didn't deliver a message or a training we just sat back and joined in with all the missionaries. We're very lucky we have some incredible missionaries in this zone. They're all amazing it's been so much fun working with them all:)

In the morning on Tuesday we had to take a sister, Sister Engebretsen, from our zone to the mission home because she was making her journey home.. That was sad to see and hard to do because when we got there in the morning we were able to see and say goodbye to all the other missionaries going home.. A lot of missionaries that I grew very close to and that I love! That was tough seeing them go! And also later that night 2 of them going to Auz needed to come and stay with us at our flat so we could take them to the airport in the morning. The airport is in our zone so we have to do things like that quite a lot! And 1 of them was my old companion Elder Fuataga!! :( So it was fun spending the last night with him but also very hard to say goodbye! He was one of my favorites I love that guy!

So all of that were some pretty weird experiences! Oh well I've got a long way to go that's for sure!! Than we had transfers on Thursday!!! Woooo!!! :) Another one!! haha Elder Byam took off down to Hamilton. And now I am with Elder Afa!! Straight from Tonga! :) He came in with our intake and he's now my companion! He actually was just on Niue and came back! He was a junior companion and got thrown up just like that to Zone Leader! ha so it's been super fun!! His english is a lot better though! Before he couldn't say a single word! Still very FOB(fresh off the boat). But good enough! He's the man and just never stops moving! He's an engine so it's keeping me working hard which I like!! So we have loved it and are looking forward for the rest of this transfer! :) So things are going awesome here!!

The other day Brother Peterson got off his mission in our ward. And before he was set apart he came and worked with us all day! He's the man! It was so much fun working with him at the very end there and to see how incredible he is as a missionary! His setting apart was very good but also so sad! He's the man!! Besides that there was heaps of baptisms on Saturday that we always love to go to! So for March the zone ended up with saving 23 souls!!! :) yay!!!! The Lord has truly been merciful and has blessed us greatly as of late! The missionaries are also incredible!! So things are definately on a climb!! :) Church was really good and we experienced some more miracles of random investigators and non-members coming to church which is always fun! That lady that came a few weeks ago that said she wanted to get baptized was already taught by the missionaries in the city and she'll now be getting baptized next week just like that!!! What a miracle!!!:) Also another miracle that Elder Afa and I experienced the other day was that we were striving to reach the standard in the mission of talking to 200 people a week on the streets. We got to the 200 and we could have easily felt comfortable there but literally the 201st person we spoke to is a less-active member who has a 9 year old she wants to get baptized!!! And she really wants to come back to church with the family and she feels this baptism will help push them all! :):):) We're like uh yep we can help with that! So we'll be seeing them tonight! We now have 4 souls set for baptism this month! They are all such incredible people!! We have Alex, Ally, Lilley, Rea, and soon to be this new fella!! :) So we've been really blessed lately and I know for a fact it's nothing we're doing but it is all his wonderful mercy and love!! :) So Saipeis all around!!!

That's all the updates I can really give ya!! Just enjoying and loving serving the Lord!!! I hope you all have a wonderful week and know that I love you all and miss you all very very much!!!!! :)

Lovve Elder Devey

No comments: