Monday, March 19, 2012

March 18, 2012

Hiya!!!

Hi everyone!!! :) Hope you all had a super awesome week!! I always hope and pray that you are all doing awesome as always!! I miss and love you guys so much!!! Thanks for your love and support and all that you guys do!!

Things have been going really good here! I find it pretty hard to update you guys on things!! Not much is different than the every day work of miracles and saving souls!! We had a few trade offs this week. The first one I went with a Samoan elder into our area, elder Siaia from Utah:) He's the man! We had heaps of fun and experienced quite a few miracles that's for sure! We met these two ladies running and we talked to them. After our feed they invited us over that same night! One has a boyfriend who is a convert of our church and she was super keen to learn more and says she feels this is what she needs to do with her life. Her friend as well is super keen! We only had a little bit of time so we basically just taught them what we do as missionaries and why. And the whole outcome of what will happen to them as they take and act on our message. Both of them want to get baptized on April the 14th!!! :) Such a miracle to find two super as prepared to the days!! They are awesome!! Such a miracle we feel so good about them. Amazing to be able to find, teach, and set all in the same day!!! Goodness I love New Zealand so much!!! haha :) So that trade off was super fun!!! Oh how I know of a surety that the Lord is in this work because all of these things we definantely could not do on our own!!

Members fed us like crazy this week it was insane!! I think I may be starting to put on again!! haha The islanders they'll have it no other way! They love LOVE to feed the missionaries!! They feel they get blessed so much for it! And I love that as well!! haha :) yeeha!!! So things have been super awesome on this end as always!!

Also went on another trade off with Elder Falepapalangi from Bingham back home!! My SOJO mate!!! We had such a fun trade off in his area! The tongan wards here have been tearing it up as of late! Except because of that huge baptism that Elder Falepapalangi had the other tongan ward is competing now... Which is no good!! The islander pride! But and it's a good but, at least the members are super on board in finding souls to save!!! The other tongan ward now has 7 set on a weekend in April trying to beat that last baptism of 7! Hilarious aye?! So it is bad, but we've never seen the two wards work this hard to save souls so that's a big plus!! :) But ya our trade off together was super fun! Felt like I was back in Niue! Eating at every house we visit! haha It was a lot of fun catching up with him and spending time with him. We had all the MTC missionaries come on trade offs with all the missionaries again on that day. Super fun being with them! Feels like just yesterday I was in their shoes literally! But now it is far down the road.. 6 areas and 11 companions later here I am!!! Craziness!! But it's amazing to look back at all the experiences and memories and all i can think of is God's love... The mission has changed me completely.. The atonement has been activated in my life.. And i've come to know them like I never have before.. The mission definately is the best two years FOR your life.. It has made me into who I am today.. But I can never forget my roots, my family and my loved ones who have also had profound significant affects in my life.. The Lord is so merciful and loving I cannot believe it.. But I know it:)

Besides that things have been busy as!! Running around doing our duties and such it's been great! Love serving other missionaries! :) On Saturday and sunday the zone had a few baptisms again which I love going to!! One of them was in the Niuean ward with a sister who is going home this week it was her last baptism. She's from provo. It was so fun seeing Niueans again and speakin the lingo with them!! It's mostly to entertain them! I'm still just a goofy palangi(white guy):) But even ran into some people that I knew from the island which is rare! Because hardly anyone lives there! So that was a special baptism and a huge Niuean feed after which I have missed!!

At church we had a few miracles!! :) Randoms who showed up with members! The members are incredible here! So we got a few new investigators from that! One of them was even saying how she's been talking to her friend about baptism and she wants to be baptized! It's like what?! See when members are missionaries how this work just rolls goodness me!!! So that's been fantastic in this area!! :) So all is well here! Loving serving here! the people, the missionaries the area I just love it!!! :) I want it to last for forever!! This week will be transfers, pretty sure I'm staying! Just got here 6 weeks ago! Man! These transfers just start going faster and faster!! So I'll let you know on all the news!!! Well I love you all heaps and hope you have a miraculous week!!! You're always in my prayers!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! :):):)

Love Elder Devey

No comments: