Monday, April 2, 2012

April 1, 2012

Malolele!!!! :)

Hi everybody!!! :)

Guess I'm back here again! Great to hear from all of you! Always good to hear and feel of the love and support from home!! You're all awesome and I'm so grateful for each and everyone of you!! This week was a really fun week! Monday was a super fun pday! We finally played some sport! Played the volleyball with heaps of islanders! Anything better?! I say no!! haha it's so funny playing volley with them! It's like Niue all over again! They just laugh the whole time! Especially when the palangi messes up they mock you like none other!! haha I"m white I can't help it! After pday the whole northland, my old zone Whangarei/Kaikohe came and spent the evening with our zone. I was with an awesome Elder and we had a super fun night with some awesome lessons. We got some really cool people that we are teaching right now I'm just loving it!

Then Tuesday we had our temple trip!!! :) What a blessing!! While on the mission being able to go to the temple! It was so great and helped so much.. Oh how I love the house of the Lord.. It was another incredible experience and it's really sad that it's my last temple trip.. But oh well the church is still true and forever will be!!! :) I am a witness of that!! So that was a very special day!!! Super stressful getting everyone there in the morning oh my goodness! And this companionship doesn't have a working phone right now so we had no contact with them and they barely made it literally last second before the bus left! But the temple trip was super fun! We sat next to President and Sister Lekias the way up there and that was fun just chatting with them a bit:) After the temple trip we came back and went back to work!

The next day was really fun! I think every day's fun! That's something that I have learned about the mission is how important attitude is! Everything is what you make it to be that's for sure! In the morning we did some service for some of our investigators:) I love this family to death! You shall hear more of them here in a bit! They're so great! Next day was another good one! Just working hard! Elder Afa is the craziest little tongan I have ever met!! He chases people down all the time and sometimes it's almost creepy how he talks to literally everyone!! He doesn't let a soul go by without hearing our message to the world! It's awesome! The second I park the car to do something he's already down the street talking to someone in a car or something! haha Though he has his language barriers none of that stops him! I love him to death! My little tongan man! :)

This saturday something wonderful happened!!! Somebody that I taught back in Papatoetoe finally got baptized!!! Whoooo!!!! :) The elders there now only taught her once the whole 6 months he has been there! Since I was there missionaries haven't taught her too much because the dad wasn't allowing the baptism! But finally a miracle occured and the dad's heart was softened and he allowed it! Mean aye?! So that was a super fun baptism because the ward had been waiting on it for ages as well and prepared for this one for a long time! So all the tongans brought a massive feed with pig, fish, taro, the works!!! All the wonderful islander food!! And it's also so much fun just being able to be back in my old ward almost every week!! They've been baptizing like crazy there! So that was heaps of fun being at that baptism! We actually baptized her Mom Isabell when I was in Papatoetoe! Oh how I love this worrk!!! :)

We had a pretty amazing experience with blessing an investigator's house the other day! I can testify that the priesthood authority and power are real... That's for sure!! Yesterday we were invited to go to the stake PMG class and close our fast with all of them! That was fun and was a really good feed! Because these are the guys that come out with us all the time! I have come to love these guys very much they are so awesome! One of them, Sisi Tupou, actually just got set apart last night and is leaving today to Guam! :) He's the man! I'm gonna miss that guy!! At the end of the night last night right before we headed to the flat we had a lesson with the Haas family. That little couple from Brazil that we found not long ago. They are the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life oh my goodness!!! They feed us everytime we come! They offered for us to stop paying for our flats and to come live with them! He wants me to play on his soccer team! haha They come to church every week and anything we invite them to do they love to and they say they know it's true!! So last night we extended the baptismal invitation and they accepted for the 21 of April!!! :) Miracles!!!! :) It was SOOO much fun I just love them so much!!! :) So now we still have our faithful Ally and Lilley set, also Alex and hopefully the rest of Nancy's children, and now brother and sister Haas:) So the Lord has been very merciful unto us and has been blessing us greatly as of late!!! So please pray for these brothers and sisters of ours! They do have some concerns that we have been helping them with but they are all so great and so sincere!! :)

So this last week was another great week and was another one that just flew by!!!! :) So much happens all the time but it goes so fast it's unreal!!! Thank you all for all that you do for me and for your love, support, and prayers!!! Have a wonderful week and may the Lord be with you in all that you do I LOVE YOU!!!! :)

Love Elder Devey

No comments: