Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15, 2012 Kia Ora!!

Hi everybody!!! :) It's Elder Devey once again!! How is everyone?! I hope you're all doing awesome and that you have had an awesome week as well! I miss you all and love you all very much as always!! That's never changing!! Thank you all for your support love and prayers! I still need them that's for sure!

This last week was an incredible week!! It was so much fun and we experienced so many miracles! :) Last pday was pretty fun! Just played some volley and basketball with members again which was cool! On Tuesday we had a trade off with some elders and that was super fun! I was with this Elder from Samoa, he's a good man! We found a super keen family that is the nicest family I've ever met they're way cool!! :) So we had a really good day on our trade off! Wednesday was a really good day as well as they all are! The members are feeding us like crazy here though! It's kind of scary! haha just ya'll better not make fun of me when I get back home!

Than that night we began another trade off! This time I was taking Elder Whipple in our area again! :) That was WAY fun!! I love Elder Whipple to death he's the man!! We had a super fun time! That night just went crazy with us having to run around to other zones to do some interviews and whatever else and it got super crazy! Really stressful night! The days in this area have just been insane with how busy we are! It's not even funny! And the days just blink by!

The next day we got to have interviews with our mission President which was pretty good:) Nothing to complain about. That night was a lot of fun as well! Every night it's almost like we have lessons with and see all of the same people! I love the people we're teaching here so much they are all so awesome oh my goodness!!

Than Saturday was the day we had all been waiting for!! :) In the zone there was quite a few baptisms so we were busy all day running around to all the different baptisms:) The Tongan's ward was a massive baptism oh my goodness! And than they even took us all to this seperate place to have a massive feed(fiafia). And missionaries are like royalty here so they put us at the head table with all the old people with heaps of pigs in front of us it was crazy! haha ill send some pics! I felt really weird up there that's for sure!! So much food it's not even funny!!

Than that night we had our baptism for my favorites Ally and Lillie!!!! :) It went SOOO good!! They're some of my all-time favorites that's for sure! A lot of members showed up to support so that was nice! I'll never forget that baptismal service.. It was way fun!! I got to baptize Lillie and Elder Afa baptized Ally. Than we switched on the confirmation on Sunday. The service was mean, it had all these musical talents and even President Lekias was there and he spoke. Ally and Lillie bore sincere, powerful testimony:) They're so incredible! It's very humbling when your converts have stronger testimonies than you.. They gave up and sacrificed so much to become members of the church as well.. And because of their sacrifices you would think that things would be hard for them, but I have never seen happier people in my life! Their entire countenance has changed and they are so happy!! Though they've given up so much, even family, they're loving life and what's to come it's amazing!! And our YSA is awesome here so now they have heaps of friends and support, it's so good to see!! They were probably the funnest investigators to ever teach! After so many miracles in that small period of time teaching them the Atonement of our Savior has transformed both of them to someone new.. It was so amazing to see and to witness.. I'll never forget my experience and the memories with Ally and Lillie and D. Ally and D will be getting married in about a months time and they're setting their sights on a temple sealing!!! :) We made a deal that either I would come back here to theirs or I'll get me my wife and they'll come to Utah and we'll all get sealed at the same time!! haha :) They're the coolest!!!

Talking about sealings! I heard from my old ward that Junior and Allison are planning on getting sealed at the end of August now.. Right before I go home!!! :) So there's a chance I'll be able to go to it!!! That would be so incredible, right there at the end of the mission... So we'll see!!! :) But ya Ally and Lillie and D are so awesome!! Hopefully I don't leave the area because if i stay than I'll be able to go to that wedding!! So we'll pray for that!! Confirmations on Sunday were very fun as well! Than sunday night they came to a fireside with us! Where Gary Wilkinson, a basketball player from utah state is here playing for the NZ Breakers and won a championship last year. He spoke at it, it was VERY good!! Fun fireside and it's always good to hang out with our best mates!! :)

So this last week was one of those weeks that makes it ALL worth it!! How I love this work!! I never want to leave!! :) May you all have a wonderful week and may God be with all of you!!!!! :) I LOVE YOU!!!!!! :)

Love Elder Devey

1 comment:

Aubs said...

Pretty sure Gary Wilkinson went to Bingham. Actually, for a fact I know he did. Awesome story behind that guy.