Monday, August 29, 2011

TRANSFER


:) Hey everybody!!! Hope you all had a wonderful week this last week!! I sure had lots of surprises and fun things happening! We'll start from the beginning of the week.  So things were going really good just getting everything ready for the upcoming weekend baptisms of Junior and Allison and Richard.  Things were super busy and a lot of fun.  Also my bday coming up! We had a fun last pday in Papatoetoe, well sorry spilled the beans a bit but i'm no longer there! haha so our last pday we went got some famous butter chicken that I absolutely love and than went bowling with the district.  It was way fun! A good little bday pday!! :) 

Than Tuesday night I got the call.  Usually the call comes on Wednesday's unless it's a new calling.  So President Lekias called while we were in a lesson so I gave him a ring when we get out.  I was nervous because I knew this might mean that I would leave the area and I really didn't want to!! I know as long as they get baptized but I really wanted to be there for that special day.  Aso I loved Papatoetoe to bits!! :) So President tells me that I also have a new calling in Whangarei/Kaikohe.  I don't know how this happened but I think it's a terrible mistake! But I'm now with Elder Whaanga a Maori and I'm a Zone leader with him here in the very north of New Zealand!! :)  It is definantely THE most beautiful zone to be serving in in New Zealand.. Honestly the world!! That's a fact and that's what they say!!!!  It's stunning here.  We have kind of 3 homes cause we cover a massive area! Two are in bays and are literally vacation beach homes no lie, members live upstairs and we stay with them! One of them we have to literally drive on the beach to get to because it's hidden away in a bay.  When the tides up we can't go because we can't drive through water obviously!

  Our main flat in Whangarei is way nice I'm telling you we're spoiled! We also definantely have a car so goodbye to the bikes! haha :)  We got lucky there as well! We have one of three brand new toyota corallas.  Latest model WAY nice car!! Holy cow we're so lucky!! I really don't know how I deserved all of this but it is paradise out here!!! haha so I definantely was sad about leaving my old area but this will do just nicely!! :) So this zone is massive though.  We cover all the way to the very tip of the mission.  So lots of branches and wards still but more Niue style!! :) One of our words out set alone in a bay is just like Niue but way nicer!! haha We're looking to work there a lot.  Seriously it all is so green out here and looks just like Lord of the Rings but with beaches and ocean and everyone is Maori.  No more indians or samoans and tongans.  Up here in the north it's just Maoris. 

 I am so grateful to be serving here and I know that the Lord qualifies for the work he has called us in.  It's definantely been a crash course for me acting like I know what I'm doing but I'm going to do my best regardless!! So that's the news happy birthday to me!! I have mean pictures i'll send but i left my stuff at the flat so next pday.  This weekend Elder Whaanga and his previous companion had sets for last weekend as well so still got to see lots of baptisms.  We traveled all around to go to the other elders baptisms.  Our Saturday that was all that we did! haha Driving all around in the beautiful country seeing souls saved!  So it was a mean Saturday!! Since we can call any ZL in the mission I called back to see how the baptisms of  Junior, Allison and Richard went.  They went all good:) So I'm Happy!! The Zone is just on fire right now! It's been so much fun! This thursday we have a trade off with the APs so that'll be a bit scary! haha oh well i'll get to learn.  We have lots of things planned for the zone so this is going to be a very fun transfer I can't wait! But so much to learn as well!! So now I'm up here in the beautiful North.  Left the city once again! But pumped to be out here! Besides that nothing else to new.  The wards are very missionary work orientated so that's a big plus! Did the whole new missionary in the area thing.  Gave a talk, went and met the Bishops, etc etc!! This next month is going to be huge I can't wait!! But I definantely need everyone's prayers because I don't know what I'm doing! I miss and love you all so much and wish you could see God's creations out here in the Pacific... I love you all!!!!!! :)
 
 
Love Elder Devey

No comments: