Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7th, 2011

Hey everybody!!! :)
 How's it going everyone?!  Ah just love being here writing you all again far away from home!! I cannot beleive that it is almost at a year! Halfway that's a joke! WAY too fast!!! I'm kinda scared! It's been making me serve like I have never have before that's for sure!! We've been going all out pulling out all the stops! 


 It's been so much fun lately!! Something that was super fun this week was a leadership meeting that we had.  Oh man it was so good! :) So inspiring and uplifting! I love the Lekias family they're awesome!  One part of the meeting was all about talking to everyone.  We were in the middle of the city which they never allow.  There's one chapel in the heart of Auckland hidden away and President wanted us to make a statement to the world.  So all us leaders of the mission just charged out of the chapel and for two straights hours talked to everyone!!! You should have seen it it was crazy!  One of Lekias' daughters was taking pictures of all of us missionaries flooding the streets and charging all these people everywhere!  It was pure chaos!! But it was so so so much fun!!! I loved it!! :)  


Turns out from that from what we heard of 3 people accepted the invitation to be baptized within those preach by the ways!! Crazy huh?! Miracles all over! It was way fun but for sure a lot of the people were frightened!  Felt like we were freaking everyone out seeing this army of missionaries charging random innocent people.  I'm not overexxagerating any of this by the way! It was awesome! :)  That meeting was all just really fun!! Also hearing from other missionaries about old investigators I used to teach that were baptized. Also seeing Espino my son!! He became DL when i did too.  He did at 4 and a half months that stud! And now he's training so I already have a grandson!! :) I was proud of him that's for sure! Wonderful missionary.. I also was sent more gifts from the people in Niue! haha ran into some who came here like Miriama and Magaoa.  Got some gifts in the mail.  Those blessed wonderful people in Niue.. Gosh I miss them.. Now that I'm gone I kinda wish that I would have stayed longer.. I miss it very much!! Besides that Elder Rangi and I hit a record this week in Papatoetoe!! :)  We talked to 306 people on the streets! Not bragging we just went nuts!! These last few weeks we've been literally talking to everyone! It's been way fun!! :) The baptisms coming up at the end of the month we're very excited for!  4 are very solid now.  Richard, Junior and Allison, and hopefully Adam.  Shaneen and her son Jordan are a bit shaky but we'll do everything we can for them to get them as well.  We found some other really good investigators lately that definitely have potential.  So we are very busy lately!! Just loving serving!! :) There's nothing like it! Especially here in the great NZAM!! :) The best mission in the world!! (pretty sure everyone says that about their own missions!) I'm loving it thought it's very cold who cares?!  This works far too important for any of my weaknesses to get in the way!  I'm trying to completely devote and consecrate myself.  More so than I have before.. Nothing is more worth it.. I love it so much out here!! :)  


Sorry for just going off but I defiantly will remember the time that I served for the rest of eternity!! That's why there better be no regrets yo!!! :) Well I love and miss you all very much and wish you the best this week!!!! Have a wonderful week!!! :) I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Love Elder Devey

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

I know he won't see this, but we love you Parker!!!!