Sunday, August 21, 2011

PDevey's Bday


Hey everybody!! :) How's it going?!
How was everyone's last week?!  Sounds like everyone is doing awesome!! I can definantely say that I miss you all very much! Especially as it draws closer to my birthday!! haha Weird being on a mission during this time! It doesn't feel a thing close to my birthday! Feels like I just had my birthday not that long ago! And I'm pretty sure this won't feel a thing like my birthday! haha :) Oh well! Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven! So I'm all good! :) So this week was really awesome!! Lots of good things happening! 

We've been working with a lot of members lately they've been a huge help.  We've been able to find many prepared people.  This last weekend we had the baptism with Adam.  His mom and little brother will be next month.  They have a little more work to do.  But Adam is choice! He's almost 13 and just a really good kid.  So that was fun having his baptism.  Also this last week we knocked a random door(which I guess we do always) and we found Darryn and his 2 daughters.  We set them 3 for baptism at the end of the month in September.  We can really see our hard work paying off lately:) So September will also be huge for us.  This coming weekend will be Junior and Allison and also our man Richard on Friday night!! :) And it's gonna be big the ward is planning all this stuff for it so it's going to be a really fun baptism! Not only that but out of all the people i've taught I honestly think that Junior and Allison may be two of my all time favorites!! Their conversion has just been so beautiful to see and they've gone through so much.  I think just really seeing the Lord take over and wrought a change in their hearts was so wonderful.  When we first met them they wanted nothing to do with us! It's been a couple of months and now they are absolutely pumped about this friday! So please pray for these three!! :) So this weekend will be really fun and on Wednesday I turn 20! Thursday is transfers.. I really hope I stay.  I love it here so much.. 


 The ward is so awesome and it's such a great area and I love my companion as well.  What more could I ask for?!  I really do hope I stay! And I know that as long as Junior, Allison, and Richard are baptized that's all that matters! But I still would love so much to witness them make that promise with God.. But it's all good if I'm not there!! Hopefully I am though!! :) So this week should be an exciting one!! A lot of fun things coming our way!! Definantely a good birthday week!!! :)  Really what more could I ask for?.. I'm serving the Lord.  There's nothing more beautiful than this.. I am so blessed and lucky.. Happy Birthday to me!!! :) That's for sure!! Well I love and miss you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!!!! :) My prayers are with you all!
The ward is getting very excited about missionary work I love it!   
Love Elder Devey

No comments: