Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Oct 3, 2010

Were so far ahead on time it's weird. And it's just warming up here turning to summer. It's very beautiful here. Even though I'm kind of in the ghetto of New Zealand. It's the poorest areas in New Zealand.  But the people are so humble.  Not saying it's all just love and bliss.  I've had some scary moments already where the spirit prompted me to leave when I felt that somebody may have caused me harm but i don't know! That’s why it's cool being a missionary the Lord protects me.  But things have been going great!  I've been working very hard and have been trying my best to become a better missionary each and every day.  I have already had many moments where I physically could see the spirit change someone's heart.  This one guy named Solomon, a big Maori guy who we set for baptism was changing his mind on the whole thing and one night we had an appointment he told us how he didn't want to go through it.  The spirit literally took over and i testified and poured my heart and soul out about the gospel.  He even got a little emotional.  At the end we had him pray, and I and Elder Atkin think that when you can truly see an investigator's heart is when you have them pray.  And he said some incredible things.  By what he said you could truly see that he wants to know the truth in this time of confusion.
 Other people are very keen here as well.  We have some great sets; we got 5 investigators to church this Sunday and a bunch of less active recent converts.  We've been pretty successful and it's been pretty fun.  I teach our gospel principles class and were holding a fhe at the Bishop's with a lot of investigators and members where were teaching.  I wish i could have known I was good at teaching before i came out because I’ve loved it out here!! For my month anniversary out here and Atkin's one year we got some KFC to celebrate.  That's like all of the islander’s favorite food! Haha I don't know why! But I’ve picked up on some Tongan and Samoan, just little phrases.  But were serving as Palangi's or white speaking English.  Me and Elder Atkin are like some of the few white people here! haha But our day we don't do much proselyting we usually have appointments set or we ride around and do preach by the ways and see less active members and investigators.  Just visiting all those that we see essential too.  Were always very busy and we never really just go door to door.  People are so nice here even if they're not really interested they let you in their home to teach them and their family which is a wonderful step.  Cause once your there and testifying the Lord will take care of the rest.  So that's some of the reason were so successful.
  Big dates coming up are the 16th and 23rd we have I think 6 people set for those dates.  Some are very keen, others not so much.  So please pray for those dates.  I miss you all and i miss all those things about being home dad!! haha my comp just has to put up with them!  I'll pray for Pey Pey, good luck and may god be with him.. I'll pray my heart out for the little guy.. He's strong he's got this. I love you all and miss you all very much!!! New Zealand is very beautiful and such an amazing place. Though I don't see too much of it cause I’m in this little area South Auckland in Manurewa.  It's lower poverty people here, but still the "flagship" of the mission president Porter says.  It's been doing record numbers lately and were hoping to keep that up.  I haven't been really nervous for anything lately; I've just been excited to be out here serving the Lord! You all are always in my prayers, may the Lord continue to pour out blessings to you all!! I love you all!! OFA ATU!!!!

No comments: