Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oct 24, 2010


I'm excited for P-day today.  P-days are always so fun! Rugby is everything here so we always play touch at Jellicoe Park, its beautiful there.  There are palm trees everywhere! New Zealand honestly is the most amazing place I have ever seen! But we have heaps of people coming today it's going to be way fun.  All the investigators that ever come usually get baptized.  That's usually what we do all P-day after we do all our errands and stuff.  But things have been going great here.  We had a lot of tradeoffs this week again.  I wasn't at our flat like at all i was all over Manurewa.  It's so fun, I learn so much from other missionaries and I get to see more of our area.  I'm blessed to be able to go on so much tradeoff because of my companion being the district leader and all.  I learn so much from other missionaries and am growing for myself.  It's been really good, our areas been having lots of success.  We're all falling under our goals though so we've all been fasting and have been sacrificing a lot so we can qualify for the Lord's blessings. 
But it is sooo much fun being a missionary!! I love everything about it.  All the ups and downs so far and the experiences and memories I'm having are incredible.  You really do fall in love with serving the Lord.  It has so many blessings.  It really is true like it says in the call letter, as you serve the Lord with all your strength you will have happiness that you have never known.  It's true! Nothing better than the restored gospel on the Earth today!! :)
 But this week had a lot of fun events.  We got to have interviews with the President this week.  It was after District Meeting and I and Elder Atkin were first so I got to talk a lot with Sister Porter.  She asked me all about home and mom and my favorite things mom makes so I told her all about the pumpkin cookies and how to properly make them! I think she said she's going to make me some! haha but she is such a nice lady.  The Porter's are just incredible, loving people.  No wonder they're serving for one of the most successful missions in the world.  The interview with President went amazing!  He told me of things he has in store for me and why he sent me to the city right off the bat, unlike the country where he usually sends new missionaries.  He wants me to learn and experience things as fast I can so he can start using me in the field.  It was really cool all the stuff he said.  It meant a lot to me.  But it also got me excited because he made it sound like a lot of big things may be coming my way if I keep my head on straight so we'll see what the future holds.  Elder Atkin has been in this same area for 5 transfers, 7 months.  So Pres. Porter says he's most likely leaving.  So this second transfer I'll probably have to take over Rowendale ward! Haha little nervous about that! We'll see how that goes!
 The transfer's already almost over I can't believe it.  Time goes so fast it's so unreal!  I can't believe how fast everything has been going I kind of don't like it.  This week we also had a temple trip!!!! hurray!!  We had a Stake Investigator trip and we took investigators to Hamilton.  It was like an hour and a half ride.  It was so beautiful…I got to see a lot of New Zealand.  It's rolling hills, and it is so green and so stunning.  The trees and everything, it really is incredible here.  The temple was beautiful.  I'll put some of those pictures on.  It's an older temple but it still was beautiful.  The weather here has been perfect lately.  Not a cloud in the sky and just the perfect temperatures.  The summer weather is perfect here.  Feel bad for you guys getting into winter!! Haha while I'm here in paradise! ;) ha just messing! But a week ago it was raining every day and was bitter cold! So the weather's really random but the last week it's been just amazing...perfect conditions.  The temple trip we just got to walk around the temple and look in the visitor center and watch the Joseph Smith movie.  It was such a spiritual experience.  My testimony just keeps building and building each and every day.  The day of the Interviews we had lessons with Pa, Eddie's brother.  Eddie we just baptized.  And then a guy named Chey.  We set them both for baptism!  More blessings from the Lord's hands.  I definitely don't deserve any of this.  Atkin gave me the honor of setting them both.  It was a lot of fun.  Some great men with real good desires and beliefs.  So this week was another great one!  Things have been going good.  I miss you all very much and wish you the best week! And yes they celebrate Halloween here, they have most of our holidays just not like thanksgiving and independence day and stuff of course.  But this weekend we have a fireside with Justin Williams, some guy from American Idol, I guess he's a member and we all get to go with investigators.  So that should be good. 
 I wish you all the best! You're all in my prayers! Thank you for the support I love you all very much!!! Ofa Atu!!:)

No comments: