Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oct 17, 2010

But ya this week was wonderful!! We baptized Eddie Etu Eta! He's such a cool guy! Great guy, it was amazing to see his faith in Christ and his progression towards baptism.  He's continually doing great things, it's amazing to see a souls heart change and come back to the truth.  I was so grateful to be a part of it all.  I had the privilege to baptize him.  It was an amazing feeling and it all went so wonderful.  It was such a great experience.  It made it all worth it.  Atkin confirmed him on Sunday and he got the priesthood too.  He's just cruisin and he's loving it all!  Church has still been a struggle for us, we've been pretty successful but we just can't get people to dang church!  So our sets have been falling out until next month. :( But a lot of big things have been happening lately.  Yesterday we got to have a missionary fireside where we had to all get a ride from our investigators and take investigators with us.  It was all the missionaries in the city areas.  We drove with bro Wittihera and took Eddie and his son and his brother Pauro.  It went great, President Porter is such an inspired man.  Pa loved it and even started clapping at the end he was so into it! haha but we have a temple trip this Saturday!! And than some fireside coming up with Justin williams? Some American Idol singer guy, he's a member apparently and he's gonna do some concert thing that we all get to go to.  So it's all good!  We have interviews with President this Tuesday.  I'm excited for that.  But everything's been going great.  South Auckland is pretty rough but it's so amazing at the same time.  When we went to the fireside it was pretty far away so we got to see more of New Zealand.  And man it's beautiful! I forgot what it looks like since i've been in Manurewa.  I had 3 trade offs this week in a row.  So I was living all over the place here.  They all went great I learned so much from all of them, they're such great guys.  I saw a lot of scenic beautiful areas to since we were in cars with the Samoan and Tongan Elders.  The other one I was in my area.  But honestly from the two trade offs with Elder Fakahou and Elder TuuFunga I gained so much weight probably! We just drive around everywhere and I've never ate so much food in my life.  Some crazy delicious food though! Weird stuff too but their cultures are just all about the feeds and they love feeding the elders and they just didn't let back on us.  And since I'm a palangi they just watched me and kept telling me to keep going so I would.  Man oh man!! But it was fun though.  The lessons were interesting because if it was a person that could speak a little English too I'd just sit there listening to the language having no clue what's going on than randomly the elder would just be like, we're talking about baptism.  So I would just have to teach than.  It definantly kept me on my toes.  It's awesome because though I don't understand the languages I could still feel the spirit so strongly.  It's amazing what the spirit can do.  This week we have 3 trade offs in a row again so I have no clue where I'll be going.  But I'm excited.  Everything's been going great, we've been working very hard and have a lot of good stuff coming our way.  Here are some pics from this week and the one from the baptism.  And yes Ben I wore your baptismal suspenders as tradition.  They were quite the hit. Ha but everything's been going great! Hope you all are doing spectacular! I love hearing from you all thank you all for the support! I love and miss you all very much!!

No comments: