Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kia Ora everybody!!! :)


 Happy 2011! Hope the year has started off with a bang! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas as well!! I definantely miss you all very much!! Things have been good here! Nothing better than serving the Lord! So here's the stories of this week!! So me and Elder Baraniko have been struggling to keep the work moving along like we have been because of his two broken arms!! haha still can't beleive it! So it's been quite the trial of faith and patience that's for sure! We're usually so busy and now we struggle to cover our area and see all the people we need to.  So we're definantly learning a lot from this whole experience! But Monday night we had quite a miracle.  So with this new year the mission is trying to baptize on a weekly basis.  So that alone is gonna take so much more faith and hard work and with us not being able to get around that fast it's difficult!! But we get to show the extent of our faith! So we love it! But monday night we had a little time to spare before we had to go back to the flat.  So we offered a prayer on the side of the road for a miracle.. To find someone prepared for baptism.  We both had a strong prompting to go to a house a couple of doors down.  We started talking to the lady, her names Roxy.  She than just straight out told us that she has a 9 year old she wants baptized!! haha Ai a Wei!! :) She's a less active who was married in the temple.  But her son is 9 and when we met him she asked him why do you wanna meet the Elders? and he said so I can be baptized! So we asked why do you wanna be baptized and he said because I've waited for so long! Funny little guy! But how incredible is that?! The Lord will answer our prayers if we truly just have that faith that we'll receive an answer! The next days were pretty slow and hard.. But one day Pa came out with us for like 4 hours walking everywhere.  What a good man! Than i had some fun opportunities this week! On Thursday I had a trade off with the Zone Leaders with me running the area.  And I learned such a valuable lesson that day.  Lately I've just really focused on gratitude and thoughts of my Savior.  Because as a missionary we need the spirit with us at all times.  So just like in the sacrament prayers it says that if we always remember him we'll have his spirit to be with us.  So I've taken that literally and you can physically just feel the spirit's presence when you constantly turn your thoughts to the savior.  And if we constantly show gratitude for the things we receive he promises us that he'll return to us more a hundred fold! So those two things have been my focus lately!! and there's just been miracles everywhere! There wasn't much appointments set up on Thursday but we just went out, me and Aldridge, focusing on those two things.  We had like 7 lessons, talked to about 60 people and found 4 new investigators! We just tore it up! haha all thanks to the lord of course! But I learned such an important lesson that day and strengthened my testimony so much more! So it was a lot of fun!! I love being with trade offs or being with other missionaries! I feel like the true elder Devey comes out! and plus we gotta be back on our bikes so we just went crazy.  On Friday our District Leader also came into my area with me! That was a lot of fun as well!! So I had a lot of opportunities to grow this week, so it was really good!! :) New years eve some members gave us sparkling cider so we celebrated at 10!! Haha lame but that's as crazy as it gets!! The thing I loved so much about this week was just how my testimony of my Redeemer grew so much... I have such a deeper appreciation and love for him and all he did for me personally and the world.. It's really been amazing!! The mission's just the best thing ever!! :) I miss you all sooo much and love you all even more!! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful week and remember that you're never alone! The Lord is always there with you! I love hearing from you all and I'm so excited for you guys and all the amazing blessings the lord is pouring down upon you all!! All these new editions to the family i love it!! Can't wait to meet them all!! I love you all!!!! :)

No comments: