Sunday, January 9, 2011

Aloha!!

Hey everybody!!! :)

 Kia Ora as always family and friends! I just know how excited you all are to get this email! I know it's the highlight of everyone's week! haha not really!! But it's good to be back talkin to you all again! I hope everyone had a wonderful week! And once again thank you for the support and the prayers from all of you! So this week was pretty good! We worked hard.  Paora has been coming out with us all the time lately, it's so funny.  He's kind of a scary fellowship but he's willing so of course we accept! The other day he was with us for like 8 hours, and we had two dinner appointments so we had him help carry the load with us! But he's the man! Lately the ward has just been awesome with helping us out because of Baraniko's accident.  Maybe it happened for a purpose so we could get this ward excited about missionary work again.  They haven't been too good in the past but now they're contributing so that's wonderful! This wednesday was just amazing! We got to have our interviews with President Porter.  It's always so uplifting and inspiring.  I got all those letters from everyone in the ward, so thank you all! It's great to hear from everyone back home.  President and I had a great conversation.  It made me realize his expectations of me and where he wants me to go in this mission field and this part of the Lord's vineyard.  I just hope the Lord can raise me to the levels that President wants me to go.  I know he will, but by myself I have so much weaknesses and imperfections I don't know how I can accomplish these goals.  But I'm excited to give it the best I've got.. He told me that from the moment he met me he knew I would do great things in this mission so he says he's got plans for me in leadership roles.  He wants me to train and get all the fundamentals down as fast as possible so I can become a big role in this mission.  But he said the second i let my head get big God's gonna kick me! haha I'm not saying these things to be prideful or anything I'm just trying to relay how our interview went but it probably sounds pretty over confident so I'm sorry!! haha but he said that he's sad he's gonna be leaving halfway through my mission.  But he said I should become a superstar.. He said that if he doesn't hear about me when he's back home in Colorado he's gonna fly back out here and beat me up! haha :) He has high expectations of me and I know that the Lord does as well.. I don't know what that is, but the Lord will show me.  I might not even get any roles in the mission field, it may just be my efforts as a servant of the Lord I don't know!! But it was a humbling experience, because I don't feel worthy at all to be spoken about like that! But I'll do whatever the Lord wants me to do! So we'll see what he has in store! I'm excited! Just gotta have the faith and do all I can now with what I've got so I can prepare for the future.  So that was a lot of fun to be able to talk to President and also his wife as well.  She was asking all about the family and especially the new additions that are gonna be coming in the family and who have just arrived.  She's such a funny lady! But my mission mom is nothing compared to my real mom!! :) haha brownie points!!  Oh ya we found out on a conference call with our Zone Leaders that David A. Bednar is going to be coming soon and only the missionaries in Auckland area get to go!  How amazing is that gonna be?! He's already one of my favorites and he's gonna be with us in a personal setting training us!! I'm just absolutely pumped!! :) I'm tellin ya this truly is the best mission in the world!!!! Everyone is trying to raise to the next level with their faith and efforts so that we can answer President's call of baptizing weekly, or getting 4 a month.  That's where this mission is heading.  The new horizons are promising.  But it's gonna take so much hard work.  Baraniko and I have been doing that, we had 4 last month.  I've had 8 so far so we just gotta step up and keep rolling! The Lord has prepared these people.. I'm so blessed to be able to be out here and be serving here in New Zealand.  It truly is the promised land here in the Pacific.  So I'm just so excited for this year and being a part of the New Zealand Auckland Mission!  But Satan of course is trying to answer back to our efforts.. We've seen him intervening and using his tactics to withold our progress.  But we know whose strength is mightier and that's our Lord Almighty! So it's possible! Gotta just have that faith that it is and Go and Do! Just like Nephi!! If any trials seem to big or too difficult to overcome, there's one solution and that's faith..Have faith and trust in the Lord's hands and do everything in your power and he'll lift you and carry you the rest of the way.. And i know this will all my heart.. So I hope you all strive to have greater faith in your every day life and all the things your doing so you can overcome and be able to feel the Lord's peace and happiness he'll give us at the end of our "trial of faith".  The Lord is there.. I know this with every fiber in my being.. He loves you all and wants the best for you all!! So have faith and do what is right!! The Lord provides!! :) Like always I love and miss you all very very much!!!!!! I pray for you all constantly!! Have an amazing week!!!! :) I love you!!

With Love Elder Devey


No comments: