Sunday, January 30, 2011


Hey everybody!!! :)

 Well from last week I'm a completely different person! haha Glad things are going good with everyone! And those whose trials are seeming harder and harder of late just think of the promise in Ether 12 verse 6 and 12.  Remember that the miracles come 'After" the trial of our faith.  Keep that in mind! Everything is for our own good and benefit! The Supreme Creator of all knows what he's doing and trust me with that! :) Well it's good to be back here talking to you all again!! I've missed you all very much!! So this week has been one of the craziest but most beneficial times of my mission thus far! So I'll start from last Monday!
So last monday when we went to go get our convert, the man, Eddie to cut our hair Baraniko got back on the bike! yay! The first time of the transfer! We walked that whole transfer and there were definantly many trials! I learned so much how to serve others and have charity, Bman definantely had to learn to be humble with two broken arms! haha Crazy experience but it definantly happened for a reason!  I love elder Baraniko so much.. From the "island in the sun" Kiribati! So that was good to see him back and ready to go hard.  And that's exactly what we did our last week together! We just went crazy! Literally declaring repentance and baptism to everyone! But than we got transfer calls the day before transfers.. And originally i was to go down to the southern most part in our mission called Tekawiti in South Hamilton in a 3some! I wasn't all that excited about it and it just didn't feel right.. I wanted to stay in rough South Auckland.  I loved it there so much.  The people were so humble and loving.  And if you gave your all there you honestly could be baptizing weekly! Me and Baraniko saw that together! With the few months we were together we were able to see 7 souls saved and beginning their sojourn home.. I would be happy to serve in that area the rest of my mission I loved it there.. Except they feed you way too much!! But it was such an amazing area.  I've learned so much from my experiences and journey there.  Who I am today is a lot because of everything I learned there.  So I packed away my things.  Said last goodbyes to some of the people in the area and our sets.  And said the hardest goodbye with Eddie and his family.  I love that family so much and grew so close to them it was really hard.. They were crying and stuff and so was like the young girls it was really sad! I was surprised with how close we all really became!! I'm definantely going to miss them.. In the morning about to leave to transfers our zone leaders came and picked us up and literally 5 minutes before we left the flat we got a call and it was President.  So I talked to him.  And he's like Elder Devey what did they tell you about transfers?! I told him what I heard.  He's like that's false doctrine my friend, the Lord has something bigger in store for you.. So I got a little nervous not gonna lie! He's like first off you're gonna be Senior companion.  I already was like whoa that's fast! I've only been out 5 months! I just got out of my diapers how am I gonna be senior companion!? Than he's like you're gonna be double shifted into an area, or where we're both new to the area! I was like oh my! Than he said last and not least youre training!! I was just stunned! haha He was just laughing on the phone! He told me how he has a plan for me and I need to start accelerating quick.  Trainers in this mission don't usually train until they're about over a year! And I just told him how I'm ready and i will NOT let him or my lord down!! So change of plans we're going to Tauranga! Which is a beautiful area! :) So we went to transfers and heaps of missionaries at transfers heard the news about how basically  a greenie is training and getting double shifted so everyone was just excited! haha Atkin definantely was proud! He's training someone again, he's trained 4 i think.  And me his most recent brought him his first grandchild! haha it was funny he was just beaming with pride!  My new comp's name is Elder Espino and he's from gold coast Australia.  He's a good humble missionary.  Really tall and has lots of questions! When they had the new missionaries announce to everyone who their trainer was president turned to me and was like what are you doing?! haha :) So we're definantly excited! Things got funner too! When we got to our area the last missionaries thought that they were closing the area so they took all the food the area book all the info EVERYTHING out! So we got there had no food and had no clue who the people they've been teaching were! So I was like well lets just go out there and find and talk to everybody! Later the Sister missionaries brought a map and the old area book over so that helped.  But we had to go buy some essentials so we could survive.  Only a few sisters are semi close to us.  We're pretty far away from everyone. But it's a beautiful city here! Bays on both sides and Mt. Manganui, it's absolutely stunning here.  The drive over was incredible it looked just like Lord of the Rings! So now i finally know what everyone's talking about when they say how beautiful New Zealand is.  I didn't know cause I've been in south auckland the whole time basically! :) But I can testify to you all.. No matter how hard life gets or how difficult something may seem.. If you just have faith and trust in the Lord and his saving grace and in Jesus Christ and how he's already gone through it all.. Heavenly Father WILL raise you up to accomplish the thing in which is before you.. Just like in classic 1 nephi 3:7.  He prepares a way for us all to accomplish the things he's given us.. And I've seen that first hand.. I'm now doing things I never thought I could do.. I'm now being more bold and courageous than I ever have been.. I'm now working harder than I ever have in my life.. And it's not stressful.. I feel at peace and comforted.. The Lord is there for me and he's helping me every step of the way.. He really is carrying me.. Never have fear, just know the Lord will take care of everything.  Do the best you can and after that "trial of our faith" he'll do the rest.. one of my favorite scriptures Joshua 1:9 paints it perfectly! Know that I love you all and that if things are hard in your life just think of the Savior Jesus Christ.. That's what has been getting me through my trials.. Remember he's already paid the price, he knows how you feel.. And I know that with all my heart.. I love you all have a wonderful week!!!!! :) may God be with you til we meet again!!! :)

No comments: