Sunday, December 26, 2010

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hey everybody!!

 Hope you all had a wonderful week and a merry christmas!! :) I wish that you were all able to feel the spirit of Christmas and have reflections on our Savior Jesus Christ.. I thank you all for your support and all that you have done for me and the gifts!! Loved em! Well this week was another exciting one and a whole lot more surprises lately! That's just how the mission's been as of late! But earlier this week my companion Elder Baraniko got in a really bad accident.. We were heading home from a baptismal interview for Ollie and her two kids.  We were going down a hill on the motorway.  Baraniko's breaks weren't working, so this was an error in our part, we shoulda fixed them! But he was braking his front tire with his feet.  When his feet got stuck in the wheel and he was thrown over the handle bars.  He face planted into the ground.  I was in front of him and wouldn't have known that he crashed, but he's got this little dorky horn on the front of his bike that squeaked when he crashed.  So I looked back and saw him on the ground.  So I jumped off of my bike and ran to him.  He didn't look to good, his mouth was bleeding and he could barely move.  So I did what I knew to do and just checked out all the basic vital things to make sure the injury wasn't really serious.  But it still looked really bad and definantely was an emergency.  He wanted to say a prayer, so I started saying a prayer.  And on this sidewalk there wasn't anyone walking on it up and down the length of the sidewalk.  And it was a really big sidewalk.  When we said amen to the prayer there was a third amen with us.  It truly was a miracle! It was a member from another ward.  So he gave us a ride, we called sister Porter and the zone leaders.  Well the rest of the night was a long night.  The first clinic they took xrays and found out that he broke both of his arms, he also lost a tooth too!! Bad huh?! So we were at the hospital in Auckland til like 4 in the morning.  The next day he just slept all day and rested, our apartment has never been so clean! haha Poor guy.. So I've been doin all I can to help carry his burdens with him.  And since then we've been struggling.  We've had to walk our area this whole week and it's extremely inefficient! Our area's suffering right now.  But we're not complaining, we're gonna just have faith and continue to serve with all that we've got no matter what circumstances and have that faith, than the Lord will take care of the rest.  He'll lead us to those who need us and are prepared.  So we're excited to have this trial of our faith at this time! But it's been pretty hard for us that's for sure! And he needs help with everything because both arms are broken!! But that happened Tuesday! But we were still able to have Ollie and her kids baptized on Christmas Eve.  Right after I called home! So Christmas was a lot of fun for us! We had a "white christmas" yay!! :) The first family baptism I've been able to be a part of, all at once.  It was wonderful.  And since Baraniko's arms are broken he couldn't baptize or confirm.  So I baptized the 3 and confirmed the mom.  Kaufusi and bishop confirmed the kids. It was amazing to see a family on christmas be baptized.  It was such a wonderful experience.. The lord just keeps pouring out his blessings on this mission through his love and mercy! But now this coming week we're gonna have to excercise a whole lot more faith.  They're still trying to figure out if we'll get a car or if he'll go to a different area.  So we'll see what happens! So more fun coming our way!! haha But ya Christmas was wonderful! I hope you all had a wonderful and merry Christmas!! And congratulations Brooke on another one coming our way!! Especially on my bday!!!! :) Dad says it looks like I can be replaced!! haha But I'm so happy for you and Steve and Peypey!! :) All my love to ya!! Hurray!! Just so exciting!! And you to Ben and Krystal with Brittlyn's birth last week!!!! Just so many blessings from our father in heaven it's incredible!! Enjoy all of this and cherish this love that our Lord freely gives us.. I can't wait to come home and see all these new faces everywhere!! How amazing!!! :) I love you all sosoooo much and I'm so grateful for you all and all that you do!!!! :) have a wonderful week and a happy new year!!!!! :) Be safe and have fun!! ps in the ensign, the general conference one on pg 47 is Elder Baraniko.  On pg 118 there's some sisters in our mission to! Just throwin that out there! I'm with a celebrity! Love ya all!!! :)
With Love Elder Devey

No comments: