Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8, 2012

Hey everybody!!!!! :) That's right that's where the mission is heading in 2012! Saving 2,012 souls!! The mission got around 1,800 last year.  More than a stake!!! Sweet as aye?! Oh how glorious it is to see the work move forward!! Things have been going awesome here!! Hope all is well back home! Sounds like things are way fun and getting exciting!! Especially for Amber and Russell!!! Cheeeehooo!!! :)
This week was really good! Let's see where to begin! Oh I know! With the miracles!! haha So one day Elder Tucker and myself had a goal to talk to 100 people and inviting at least 5 to be baptized.  We did so and 3 more now have a date for this month!!! haha oh the believing blood of New Zealand!! I love it!! So God was merciful and helped us refill our pipeline after our end of year baptisms.  So that was very exciting and fun!! haha one of the mission's new goals for this year is to talk to 200 people every week!! So it's on fire!! And i'm tellin ya my body is feeling it!! I'm tired ALL the time! As those who have served would know and i have a constant cold that I've had for a coon's age!! haha all goods!! :) The Lord is my strength so there's no stopping us!!!
 
So this last week we had interviews with President.  So last pday we ran around getting things ready for that and also zone leader council.  Than we traveled up north to Kaikohe and spent the night proselyting with them and stayed the night there for interviews in the morning.  While President does interviews the Zone Leaders have to give a training to all the missionaries.  So we did that with the Kaikohe district and Kaitaia elders:) That was fun!! Interviews were really good! I love President! It feels like we just had interviews I swear!! Times just cruisin by it's not even funny!!  Than we followed behind the Lekias' to Whangarei for their interviews as well.  Did the training again there!! haha and Sister Lekias was watching all of it so that was added pressure!! Went good but most of our day that day was gone!! That took most of our Tuesday and plus we had to travel down to Auckland that night to stay for Zone Leader Council in the morning.  So Monday Tuesday and Wednesday basically out of our area!! ZL council was really good! I love those they are a lot of fun!!! Learn heaps and makes ya feel like there is SO much more you need to be doing! So that went super good also freaking awesome food they always have at the mission home!! haha But than the night we stayed there some hooligans tagged our car with permanent marker! Still haven't gotten it off! Mission office is supposed to let us know what we're going to do.  Dumb aye?! Oh well! 
 
When we got back to our area the commitment we had with the assistants was to hit the new standards in every aspect of missionary service with lessons, preach by the way, baptism, all that jazz.  And we were determined I'll tell ya the least! But we had 3 days taken away from us! So we went to work!!! haha Worked very very hard oh my goodness!!! And so many miracles came forth! Brownie was confirmed:) Set those new people with dates.  They all came to church!! :) Had heaps of lessons.  The Lord just blessed us greatly!! I really learned that if we're willing and we act in faith and do all that we can in our power he will take care of the rest and his hands were truly manifest this week in the work.  I loved it so much!! Great week!! :) So now we're going to have an even better one!!
 
This week coming up we have a trade off with the Assistants!!! Ah!! Scary haha No they're awesome I'm really looking forward to it!! They're coming up tonight and will be here through District Meeting and also all of Tuesday!! So that should be exciting!! We're expecting heaps of miracles!! Can't wait!! :) Besides that I've been really enjoying being with Elder Tucker and staying here in Whangaz I love it here!!!
 
A couple of tender mercies that came this week that just really made it all worth it... One we randomly got a text from an unknown number and it was from Junior and Allison my recent converts in Papatoetoe right before i left.  They came up here for a bit of the holiday and they sent a text that said "Happy New Year Peter Parker Devey! We just passing thru Whangaz:) c u in october at the temple.. Jr ali and vincent!"  Getting that just made my day... Sounds dumb but I started crying a bit!! haha just felt the spirit okay don't judge me!! We worked very hard on them and miracles happened with them and last time I saw them we talked all about the temple and we committed them to set it in their sights and as a goal.. So that did my heart well to get that text!!! Except they need to go just a little earlier!! haha or I'll miss it!! (unless I come back:)) But as long as they get there that's all that matters to me!! And than another one at church in the wap waps in Whangaruru.  Some members from Tauranga, my second area, over a year ago now were there!! They were the fellowship and support for one of our converts, Clayton there.  And Cami let me know that he's doing awesome!! He's talking all about a mission and that's his goal... I was ecstatic!!! Oh the blessings of serving.  I'm so blessed to be serving in this beautiful part of the Lord's vineyard where we can see the fruits even before we leave.. I love New Zealand and the people here.. And I got HEAPS of time left so I'm pumped about that!!! The harvest is still going!!! :) So this week we were blessed greatly... I love my Savior and I know that he lives.. May we come unto him and show our love for him and our Heavenly Father by how we live... He loves you!!! I love you!!!!!! Have a wonderful week!!!!! :):):)
 
Love Elder Devey

No comments: