Monday, January 16, 2012

January 15, 2012

Kia Ora everybody!!! :)

 Hope everyone is doing awesome as always! I miss you all very much and you're always in my prayers!! This last week was a really good week! On monday night we had an awesome lesson with a lady named Christine.  Her and her son we set for baptism in the beginning of February. But!! :( Her partner came home from jail so now the marriage issue comes in play once again.  And she wants baptism sooo bad! It was really sad teaching her the law of chastity and just seeing that discouragement overcome her persona.  She's determined to find a way though.  She talked with her partner and he's a bum and says he doesn't want to get married.  So now another investigator stuck in Limbo!! :( And they all want it so bad.  We now have Lesley, Bertha, Christine, Liza and Dboy, and Paula who all committed to baptism and want it but have "partners" a great stumbling block here in New Zealand!! People don't believe much in marriage anymore which is really sad.. Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity are commandments that get mocked and abused like crazy here.  Those are the main concerns with everyone! But besides that they've got the 'believing blood' and are very spiritual already! And that's a beautiful thing:) so we're still working with all of them and trying to get them all married!! haha Liza and Dboy agreed to marriage at the end of this month so we'll see how that goes!
 
On Tuesday we had our trade off with the assistants! That was A LOT of fun!! Heaps of miracles and blessings came forth that day! It was an awesome day! We double covered our area and just went crazy! I got a member Brother Lilley with us who is the man! He has his own radio station and is pretty wealthy to say the least! He lives up on the tip of a mountain nearby that overlooks all of Whangarei(we had dinner with them this week so I'll attach pics) He was with us all day so it was way fun!! I was with Elder Ward who I really enjoy and we had a lot of fun.  Learned heaps!! Just a jam packed day!! Than we of course had more trade offs like we usually do.  I went with this greenie on one of the days who is from South Africa so he has a wicked accent.  But being just pulled out of the world he's pretty dang prideful!! haha so it was super interesting.  Even after he said prayers in lessons he'd go off on how amazing he is at praying! I was like somebody please get this guy a rameumpton!! haha jk!! That's what I love about being a leader! We get to see and be with all the missionaries heaps so it's just an incredible experience for me aye! I've learned a lot how to be a better instrument in the Lord's hands and also how to just better trust in the Lord in all things!! Hold up if I start going off on all the things I've learned on my mission we'd be here for awhile!!! It's honestly neverending.. I'll never be able to pay back to the Lord for all he has done with me.  You know I still remember a conversation I had with Dad and we talked about how the Lord had given us so much so it was finally our time to give back.. But I just realized something!! Now he's giving me even more!!! I'll always be in debt! I came out here on my mission wanting to consecrate and dedicate myself to him and his will.  But he has changed my life and given me more than I ever thought possible!! How could I ever pay him back.. It's impossible, but how I serve and live reflects my love to him so I'll do my best with those things and hopefully he'll accept that payment..
 
So ya the rest of the week was great!!! :) These new standards in the mission have truly caused us to stretch but now we're stronger because of it!!! So I love it!!! :) Oh goodness I love the mission so much I just can't get over it!! And don't think it's been super easy!! It's been very hard, that's why it's so rewarding!! Everything tough in life gives such great rewards later and that's why I love it!! All the blessings upon my family, upon myself, and being able to truly get to know my Father in Heaven and who he is.. Even my Savior.. They're beautiful.. And they're love is neverending.  I'm so grateful for their love that encompasses us and their watchful care and devotion towards us.. For I have made many mistakes in my life, but his patience with me and his grace and mercy have changed me entirely.. I know with all my heart that this work is true.. Nobody could ever stop it or get in the way, because it's the truth.. We are paving the way for our Savior to come again.. How great is our calling!!! :) I love you all!!! Not much else to update you with just that I'm alive and breathing and loving serving!!! Thank you for your prayers and support!! This week we are going to Kaikohe and Kaitaia to work with all the missionaries up there.  They've been struggling, actually heaps.  So President really wants us to go and do all that we can for them.. So please pray about that I need the strength I'm so tired all the time!!! haha :) But the Lord is my strength so it's all good!!! We push on as we always do.. Is there any other option?! I don't think so!!!! Than later this week we get to see an apostle and other general authorities of the church are addressing our mission!!!! and they want us to arive in a thin window of time! So gettin the whole zone there will be fun!!! It'll be all good!! Elder Quentin L. Cook I can't wait!!!! Well I love you all have a great week!!!!! :)
 
Love Elder Devey
ps pics at Whangaruru my favorite and also with the Lilley's at their awesome house and than us with Sis. Anderson(haha almost sounds like matrix I know!) saran wrapping Imrahn's(a RM) car right at the end of church in the parking lot!

No comments: