Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 2nd, 2011

Hey everyone!! :)
Hope you all had a fantastic week this last week! I know in my last email I sounded like I was going to die! haha Well good news I'm a lot better now! So that disease or sickness that has been spreading that apparently a few people have died from is called Meningitis I think? Anyways when I went to the doctor he thought it was the beginning of this sickness so that was pretty scary!  He said at least it would be influenza.  Which it was I'm pretty sure because I'm better now.  If I had not gotten better but got more sick they would have had to rush me to the hospital! So that was pretty scary! haha The doctor would call everyday to see if I was feeling better or if other symptoms started occurring.  But things are good now so no worries!! :)
Most of this week I was really really sick though.  I haven't been that sick in a long time it just destroyed me!! haha but no worries now I'm back to my old self!! :) So the awesome things from this last week is that we baptized two of Brother Ngawaka's Mokos(grandchildren)!!! Ibeneze and Demarsio and yes they're named after the guitars! They're such cute kids! Brother Ngawaka baptized both of them and my companion and I did the confirmations on Sunday! It was a real blessing to be a part of all of that!! Nothing better than baptisms on your mission that's for sure!! :) The Zone is looking really good this month! We're on target for our personal best!! Which was like a year ago with 21! We have 20 solid sets right now in the zone and this last weekend we had 4 baptisms! :)
So this month is looking very promising and we're so excited about that!!  We haven't been able to see conference yet that will happen this weekend so no baptisms than.  But the weekend after that hopefully we'll finish off these Mokos!! They're all so awesome! :) Can't wait for General Conference!! Feel like it's the Prom or the Super Bowl or something!! Absolutely pumped about it! We've already found out a few changes going on! We already know that Elder Whaanga my comp will be going back to Auckland as a District Leader.  So I'll have a new companion this Thursday! Change is always fun!! Our two district leaders are going home today actually!! Pretty crazy I know!! So my companion and I are going to have to split up and do district meetings tomorrow for the missionaries.  So back up to the North I go!! :)
I love it up there! So this will be a very busy hectic week that's for sure!! God will take care of everything so it's all good! Well things are going great here as always I can never complain it's the Lord's work I'm a part of so I have to be happy!! haha The gospel is a happy thing!  Well I love you all very much and hope you have another wonderful week and that the Lord is blessing you all greatly at this time! Keep up the hard work and know that this kiwi down here misses and loves you all!!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad he is feeling better! Being away from home and sick bites! He is looking great! He looks like he is bulking up!

Great job Parker! You are awesome and they are lucky to have you there! Keep working hard!