Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 7, 2010

That was hello in Kiribiti! Don't know if you ever heard of that island, i sure havent! My new companion is Elder Baraniko, he's from there!  He's pretty FOB(fresh off the boat) meaning he can speak english but not that good! haha so there's a bit of a language barrier between us.  But it's fun! He's a great guy!  I hate to see Elder Atkin go, we grew very close and had a lot of fun.  We had a lot in common.  We'd always do jokes from the office or nacho and stuff like that, great guy!  But he went to be a district leader in Whangerei.  Up north, one of the most beautiful areas you can serve in lucky guy!  But I'm definantely looking forward to this next transfer with elder Baraniko.  It was fun having to hold the fort down and teach him the area and keep the work moving forward.  I guess transfer week is usually slow because of the changes, but we actually did really good!  And the bane of mine and elder Atkin's existence with church attendance all of the sudden was a miracle this week.  We'd been getting 1s and 3s to church and all of the sudden we had 11 this sunday!  All of our sets came and more! It was wonderful, I've never seen our chapel that full either.  There were heaps of people there it was a miracle!  Good stuff! 

Things have been really fun, it's so much fun when you work really hard.  I've been lovin it! And i didn't mean to freak everyone out with my last email.  That's not what I meant at all with sacrificing like crazy.  That was just our zone focus and it was like little things! ha I'm working hard im not starvin myself people! haha But this week was really a good one.  President Porter called me just to see how all the new elders were doing and how the transfer went so that was a nice surprise.  That first transfer went by so fast it was unreal!  It's crazy how fast time is here out on the mission.  I've already been out for two months it feels like i just got my call a week ago.  But no there weren't any baptisms this last weekend and this next week is stake conference so we can't than either.  But we have 4 people set right now and they all look really solid.  I'm very excited for everything that's coming up, this area is wonderful!  Probably the most beat up part of New Zealand, I'm not getting the beauty like other missionaries are right now but the people are just so wonderful here i love it!! 

Every day here is very hot now, perfect beautiful tropical weather.  And you are all in snow now am i right?  Feel bad for ya! haha I'm gonna have Christmas in the middle of a hot summer in the Pacific! That's so crazy!  I'd rather have this than snow though that's for sure!  The days here are very busy, were on bikes all the time.  Missionary work is so much fun.  It's honestly like the call letter states when it says as you serve with all your heart, mind and strength you will receive happiness that you have never known.  It really is true.  There's nothing like serving the Lord's children. I miss you all very much and loving hearing from all of you.  This mission experience so far has been really unique.  I've taught and met so many different people from different places.  It's been a lot of fun I love it.  The culture is so beautiful here too.  There really is nothing to complain about here, everything has just been going really good.  I've been learning so much and have been having such wonderful experiences and memories.  I'm growing so much as a person, every young man should truly go on a mission as the prophet implores.  I really beleive this is when a boy becomes a man.  In just these few months i have learned more than any other time of my life.  This short time has already changed my life forever.  So ya things are going great here and i miss and love you all very much! Kia Kora! Be strong and have a wonderful week! I love you all!  I Tangariko!

No comments: