Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kirana!!

Aloha family!! :)

 It's Elder Devey from the "real down under"! The land of the long white cloud here in the beautiful pacific in paradise!! I've seen a picture of what it looks like back home! Man oh man! I'm here in paradise in the Summer where if you get up a little bit there's ocean everywhere.  Lucky I know, except I'm in South Auckland where it's pretty rough and not so pretty.  But the weather's awesome though.  I feel bad for all of yous.  Sounds like everyone's being doing good! I'm glad! I miss you all very much and hope and pray the best for all of you.  This week was nothing short of a wonderful week, it was just awesome all around.  We had a baptism this week! 2 souls saved! Hurray!! And next week we have Eddie's daughter Casarni.  The baptism was for Ardel and Susan.  I'll attach pics.  It was beautiful.. I got to be there for her from the beginning until now.  It was so amazing to see and experience all of the process as she changed her life and found true happiness.. I baptized Susan and Baraniko baptized Ardel.  On Sunday they both wanted me to confirm both of them so I did.  It was just a beautiful weekend.  Ardel was so emotional with it all as she usually is.  It was an amazing experience and wonderful opportunity to be able to be a part of it all and to confirm them both.  Feeling the Spirit this strong out here in incredible.  There's nothing like missionary work and spreading the Lord's love to all.  You really just start to love serving with all your heart!  It's addicting!  We got a good number of investigators to church again.  We had a fireside Sunday night with Elder Nielson from the quorum of the seventy, he's over the Pacific areas.  They had a lot of musical numbers and it was amazing.  It was also Elder Baraniko's bday yesterday!  So it was just a great weekend!  Got to see a lot of blessings and witness miracles!  I love the people here.  I have a lot of fun with them.  Now that Elder Atkin's gone they act like I've been here forever, especially the little kids!  Everyone is just so friendly and loving and I've drawn really close to a lot of them.  Especially Eddie and his family.  I'm so blessed to be able to have these people that I've been able to draw close to and build relationship's with.  Or else it could be pretty lonely! But of course we always have our Heavenly Father there with us, but I love the people here.  It's been a lot of fun I've enjoyed it very much.  This mission truly is the best mission in the world!  Last month we broke our record with baptisms and got about 186 i think!  So busisness is just booming here in the Lord's work!  This month our companionship will have 3 hopefully 4, but, like Elder Atkin would say, Don't count your eggs before they hatch!  But we've had that two this last weekend and we're having Casarni this next weekend and hopefully Paora.  All the people that I've been able to be part of their baptisms so far have been Maori.  If you're wondering what they look like!  Haha i love their accents, especially the South Auckland version of it with their slang.  It's hilarious!  So we've been working hard and I've been doing my best to have as many christlike attributes as I can.  It's gonna take a long time but I know how much I've already grown so far.  I'm trying my best and hopefully I can become the man our Lord wants me to be and become that instrument in his hands that will do his will.  The mission's just an incredible experience! I can't beleive I'm out here still!  And time's just cruising by!! It's insane!!!  But I hope everything is going wonderful with everyone and I wish you all the best!  Until next week! OfalaAtu!! (Samoan for I love you.)  I love you all very much and I'm praying for you all!! Luv ya!! ps mom the dog at the end looks just like lucky! colors a little different, but acts just like her too! When her tail wags her whole body follows! haha love ya!!! :)

Elder Devey

No comments: