Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28, 2010



Well hello there everybody! It's that time you've all been waiting for as always! My emails! yay! ha just messing! But thank you all for your support and love!  The saying really is true it takes a village to raise a man. I couldn't have had a better background or area where I lived to prepare me for this devoted service to our Lord.  So thank you all for everything you've done and the effect you've had in my life to get me where I am today.  To get me rolling into my mission with this mission.  So thank you all and I love you all very much!!! :)  I miss you all very much but am definitely not missing the weather that's for sure! Its beautiful here, if anything to hot! But i guess they say there's a hole in the ozone here over New Zealand and other areas in the Pacific so the sun burns a lot more.  So I haven't been getting tan or anything just mostly burnt if you notice from my pictures! Everyone else doesn't have to worry about that because they're all islanders!  But it's beautiful here. 
I can't believe Thanksgiving just happened back home.. Doesn't feel a thing like it's anywhere close to any of those holidays.  It's so strange! Almost like I'm in a dream!  Sis. Turner, Bishop's wife made me and my comp some pumpkin pie to give us a piece of home.  Nobody here has a clue what that is.  I brought some to Eddie's family and they've never heard of it but were so excited for something from America they loved it! haha This week was a wonderful one! Some trials, as expected but it went great and we got to see a lot of miracles.  We baptized and confirmed Casarni, Eddie's daughter.  I wanted SSSOOOO bad to see Eddie do it, but he just kept insisting i perform the ordinance.  We tried to get him to do it but he really wanted me to because I’ve been there for all of this change with their family.  So I was honored to do it but I wish that he would have! He has the Aaronic so he joined in on the confirmation and he gave a talk at the baptism so that was awesome!  I still can't get over how amazing it is to see people change their lives and the happiness that comes from allowing the Savior in their life.  They're family is completely different from when we first met them.  It's so wonderful! It's definitely choice! :) 
So ya this month I and Elder Baraniko have been working well together.  He's a funny guy, sometimes hard to talk to each other but it's all good.  He's teaching me some Kirabiti. I love hearing from you all! It just pushes me to serve with everything I have.  The support gives me ambition and determination and I thank you all!  This truly is the Lord's work. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is more rewarding than serving our master, our Father in Heaven. If you really just get lost in the work and just give all of yourself and serve you truly do feel happiness you've never felt before as you see the gospel come into people's lives.  I know the Lord is taking care of everything and everyone back home. I completely trust in his hands and have faith in him and all things. So I'll do my part and finally give back to the Lord and give him everything I've got and more. This is his time and there's nothing I want to do than serve him with all my heart, mind and strength. I love you all very much and I'm so grateful for all you have done!!! I miss you and hope you have an AWESOME week!!! OfalaAtu!! I love you all!!! :) PS yes that's a lavalava I'm wearing at the baptism. It's elder Baraniko's. Luv ya'll!!!

No comments: