Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 24, 2012

Well hello there everybody!! :) Great to hear from you all like always! Thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers in my behalf! I need it! So please don't stop!! haha :) I love you all and you all mean the world to me you better know that!! Well where to begin? Another week gone it would appear! But just more memories and experiences under the belt! (and not referring to the belly that is a new addition!) But yes the spiritual matters as they say! It was a really good week! Been enjoying my time with Elder Whipple that's for sure!! He's the man! It has been really fun having him around, probably too much fun! But we've been loving it that's for sure! So somethin excitin to tell ya... Um!! I don't even remember this week to tell ya the truth!! I'm not even sure if it happened or not!! haha Well one thing that was exciting but not so much fun was correcting dodgy missionaries! Never get sick of that one! :) We had some pretty intense situations with disobedience that we had to go and help. We definantely did all we could to help them and things are lookin up but pride I tell ya!! Such a stumbling block it's not even funny!! Just such dumb things that they're struggling with or are upset about! A companionship almost got in a fight and we had to go stop em from hittin eachother! So it was quite a big deal and than we took em seperately and had little one on ones with them. Felt like Dr. Phil or somethin in there! Never mind that guys useless! But it was quite fun I suppose!! So that was somethin exciting!! :) We got to go on tradeoffs with the Assistants earlier this week! That was really good! For the first time like ever they didn't just come and double cover our area but i got to go into their area with Elder Kaufusi! So it was super fun! He's a great missionary and we had a good time with eachother! Elder Whipple has only been in the area less than a week at that point so he enjoyed just runnin around aimlesslly! lol So that was quite eventful as well! Um... Got fed heaps like always this week! So that was good! I do think it's impossible doing a diet here as a missionary unless you want to extremely offend these people! Haha food is such a big deal to all the people! Me as well I love the food here it's the best!! :) But I do miss the classic American dishes! Enough about food goodness! Let's get to the things that really matter! Missionary work!! :) Elder Whipple and I have been able to get quite a few sets for this month but outta nowhere they've been "playin up"!! One of our sets, Sefo, got in an argument with his mom and packed up and ran away from home!! So we all have no clue where he is! He's stuck in Limbo for the moment! He's supposed to be getting baptized this coming weekend but that's a little hard when he has dissappeared! So we're waiting to hear on that one! But we know that a miracle will occur and that the Lord will provide as he always does! Can always rely on him! :) And our other investigators with baptismal dates are all wonderful, they just have some major concerns standing in their way.. Hopefully miracles occur there as well! Which I know they will because this is his work!! :) Things are going good here as always! Can never complain! just workin hard each and every day! I love it! No greater satisfaction has come to my life thus far than devoting my time to the Lord. I've never been happier!! How I love my mission!! The other day I was reflecting upon some of the experiences and memories that have already been created on this sojourn and I was just in awe... Not only witnessing and realizing the growth I've made within myself but also the miracles in which I have witnessed in other's lives.. Things and moments that are priceless that will be forever cherished.. The relationships you also build with others and the love you feel for them as well I've never felt before.. They mean everything to you!! There is definantely nothing like being a missionary and a servant for our Master. I am humbled each and every day to see how he works through me as his instrument.. Definantely nothing has come from my behalf but it is all by His hands. And that is amazing to see.. Due to what I have witnessed and experienced while being in his service I know with my heart and soul that this is his work... This is his glory.. This is his church restored in these last days to shepard his children back unto him.. I'm so grateful to say that I am part of that very same work.. That I am his representative. My knowledge and testimony of this work is precious to me and it is something that I will forever hold dear.. I hope and pray that we all, each and every day, draw closer to him.. Not only will we come to know of him, but we will come to KNOW him.. He is personal and he is real.. I love him and I will forever serve him.. I love you all and pray that you may all continue to witness his blessings and his love.. He does love you, more than you can comprehend.. Well!! I love you all heaps!!!!! :) Keep on keepin on!!! And know that this crazy cocunut down here will always love all of you!!! Arohanui & OFALAHIATU!!!!!! :):):) Love Elder Devey:)

No comments: