Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012

Hello hello!!!!!! :) Hi everyone!! It's good to hear that you're all doing well and that life is going awesome as always!! Hey guess what I miss you guys like always! But I'm fine with where I'm at here! I'm loving it to death always have and always will!!! :) Well I hope that all is going great for you guys back home and that you're seeing the hands of the Lord in your life abundantly!! Cause he's there ya just gotta look for him!!! Let's get into it shall we?! Another awesome week as they all are!!! :) So last pday was actually pretty lame! Nothing to exciting really happened! We just got really caught up in errands and stuff! Those pdays are the worst when you don't even get to change out of your pros!! lol But it was alright I guess we got things done that we really needed to! Had a fun productive evening as well so it was all good! On Tuesday we didn't have district meeting cause we were having a specialized training from President on Thursday. So on Tues we did some trade offs with missionaries!! :) I went with Elder Apelu in my old area Papatoetoe!!! :) Always fun coming back to my old areas, so that was really good!! Than on Wednesday we went on another trade off!!! :) Went with the Tongan elders this time. I stayed in our area with Elder Heliki! It was fun as!! :) He's an awesome elder we really had fun with each other! It's fun being around missionaries you really get along with and working with them! On that trade off we went and gave a blessing for a member in Sister Perry and Sister Taotua's ward. It was a pretty intense experience due to the circumstances. But we were very grateful that we were worthy and prepared for the call. And the next night we gave another one!! :) My testimony of the priesthood has strengthened greatly throughout my mission.. It is very real and powerful. This poor sister in the second situation almost committed suicide that evening. The same sisters were prompted to change plans and to visit her unexpectedly and they saved her life.. I was asked to give her a blessing thereafter. It's an experience I'll never forget. There's nothing like being an instrument in the Lord's hand, fulfilling his will, and acting in his name and authority. As of late we've had to give a great number of blessings. Which has been a great blessing for us. I love representing the Savior on a mission!!!! :) So we had some powerful experiences this last week!! Everyday can be powerful and full of miracles if we but believe!!!! :) After our baptism last week we are continuing to strive to find more souls whom are prepared!! We're teaching many great people but we gotta get moving!! We wanna bring more souls unto Christ!!! :) So we've been doing all we can to find more people!! Getting out the bikes more and using the members heaps more! They've been a great help and support! I love this ward!! Such beautiful people here!! I'm so grateful to be serving alongside them all!! Let's see... Things with me personally!! Guess what!? I think I'm officially and finally going on a diet for the first time ever in my life!! So it's quite the milestone!! Me and Sister Perry were talking and because it's towards the end we're now competing with each other to see who can lose the most weight!! lol it just started today!!! :) My test is just to see if going on a diet is even possible here in the New Zealand Auckland Mission!!! You would all be, to say the least, astonished exceedingly or even beyond all measure to see what we eat day in and day out!! It is not healthy that's for sure!! I'm shocked to even see that I'm still living after this consistent eating habits I've had for almost 2 years!! haha :) But hopefully I can get Elder Devey back to his former glory!! lol So that's something new and exciting! Perhaps it won't last for to long! I'm to in love with the islander food I can't help it!! :) Like the other day we had a feed at Elder Afa's cousins house and I destroyed everyone!! Everyone says I'm islander just palangi!! I'm sad to say the panda express, cafe rio, and other such utah joints will not be satisfying anymore after the mission! haha good thing it's just me and the parentals when I get back, they should be able to afford me!! haha alright maybe i'm exaggerating! But yes I do need to go on a diet and I am! it's a new day!!! :) lol Oh ya!! On thursday we had that training with Prez and our zone! It was funny because we prepared this massive legit training and he said he was gonna take just 10 minutes... Nek minute!!! Hour and a half later it's time to go and he gives us 5 minutes!!! haha but it was all worth it he gave us awesome counsel and advice as always!! I've come to love our mission president greatly!! He and his family are absolutely wonderful!! You can see the progression he has already made since he began his mission! It's incredible!! How serving the Lord changes and refines us all:) We've been doing heaps of trade offs and companionship studies with the missionaries throughout the zone! Goodness I love them all to death! We've got some amazing missionaries here! It's been so much fun serving with them!!! :) So ya things are going great here as always!!! Just thrusting in our sickle, putting our shoulder to the wheel, and joining the ranks!! :) All that good stuff!!! Nothing but blessings, love, and joy am I receiving in my life as of late!! And I know it will keep coming if I am faithful and do my part!! Well ya'll I love ya heaps and wish the best for all of you!!! :) Have a miraculous week and may the Lord be with you all!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Ofa Atu Elder Devey

No comments: