Monday, May 7, 2012

May 6th, 2012 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

First of all a big shout out to ma momma!!!! :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!! Love you more than anything mom!! You're the best mom this world has ever seen and don't ya be jealous ya'll!! Well it's good to be back once again communing with my peeps back home! I miss you all very much and love you even more! And as always I wish you the best and i send my love and prayers to each and every one of you!!! :) Well this week was yet another crazy one!!! I'm tellin ya my body can hardly take it anymore! haha exertion to it's extents in all forms!! So I'll start from the beginning as always!! Last pday was really fun we played some ball again! I think i've gotten better on the mission but I'm a lot slower that's for sure! And I sweat profusely way faster than I ever used to! It's quite sad really! But all good I still got game! :) That night we went on a trade off and me and Elder Hibbard had the wonderful privilege of getting to go all the way to sky tower!!! :) right underneath it it was pretty epic!!! :) Saw some dude bungee jumping and the thought came that that is so me and dad!! Hard out that's our good by to Aucks ma ol man!! We're doin it! :) would that be allowed? But anyways there was a reason for going to the tower cause normally we're not allowed to go to those parts of the city. We had to go pick up a couple of sisters that were going home. That's a weird thing about serving in this zone is always takin care of business like that! Than after that we had a mean FHE with our stake ward mission leader's family. He brought a few investigators and we had a really fun lesson with them and the spirit was there in rich abundance! All good stuff! Martha, the one in our area that we were introduced to that night is now preparing for baptism on the 26th of this month!!! :) Cheee hooo!!! Tuesday was fun! Just attending some District meetings as always doin our thang! Had a fun day that day as well!! Elder Afa, since he's terrifyingly energetic I've decided to use our bikes a whole lot more! Also that is in preperation for the wife hunting... Oh!! Jokes! not thinkin of that yet!! haha Gotta get back to my former glory! Also it's way easier to talk to people on the streets that way!! It's always freaky for people to see this little blue yaris fly up to the curb and this little tongan come flying out at them with a book of mormon in hand!! haha so we're using the bikes a whole lot more it's been really fun!!! :) I'm sick of the car ai a wei!!!! :) Oh did I tell ya about the miracle with Talanoa?! Where we came for a lesson and the lesson prior we invited her to be baptized but she shut us down!! (don't worry im used to rejection!) Anyways next lesson right before we begin teaching while we're having some small talk she just interrupts and her words were as follows.."Elders.. I've been praying really hard and reading and.. I feel, well I know, that I need to get baptized.. Can I get baptized?" Our jaws drop and me being my little immature self I go YAAA!!!! and start laughing and getting all excited ready to chest bump Afa! But at this point she was looking at me like I'm a fool! haha so I regain my composure and we set her with a date!!! Oh my goodness the miracles!!!! :) Can't get enough of it I tell ya!!! Also that wednesday transfer calls came in, not to many changes! Just some of my favorite missionaries leaving! Elder Falepapalangi and Elder Whipple took off... Love those two to death!! All goods though!! But besides that the zone stayed basically the same which is awesome I reckon! I love our zone!! :) So we shall continue saving souls in this part of the Lord's vineyard!!!! :) So thursday came and we did the usual transfer business which is always chaotic!!! But it went quite smoothly! Even had time for mcdonald's breakfast!!! :) More blessings!! We were blessed to find even more choice families this week through the ward! So we got quite a few amount of people that were teaching at the moment so it's been really fun!!! Besides that got to see the Samoans baptize 3 more souls this weekend which was fun!! and.... Sunday!!! Miracles once again!!! So that week we'd been trying hard out to get all of our investigators to church and we'd been struggling.. But I remembered! It's not our work it's his! We get to church and heaps of them were there! I was like what in tarnation?! :) The first two rows were filled with our little families!! And than right before we go to our gospel principles class that we teach sister Fukafuka waddles up to me, oh that was mean shouldn't say waddle! Walked up to me and was like Elda Tevi!(trying to sound like them) I replied yes mam? She's like this is my cousin and she wants to get baptized! Emi is her name and she's well over 20. I look to her I was like eo?! (yes) Seipei Bapi? (you want baptism?) She just nods and smiles I was like we can help ya out come hither to our class room!!! First of all I don't really talk with this lingo this is just me being bored on pday and trying to make it exciting for you! :) lol Anyways so we have a lesson about baptism of course and at the end of our lesson after our converts testify on the ordinance of baptism we extend the baptismal invitation and she accepts as well for this month!!! :) Wow!! It's amazing how the Lord has been providing for us as of late!!! I know that when we qualify the blessings and miracles come!!! :) Also Eli left on his mission and that was sad to see!!! Love him to death!!! He was with us ALL the time it's gonna be hard to replace him!! Pic of his last FHE!! Luvs!! We also had a special moment where we saw a sweet little old samoan lady in the hospital that we've been teaching her family and she's a convert from about a year ago. She's not doing well and may be passing soon.. But she is SO set on attending the temple before she goes it's amazing.. That was a tender, sad moment... And today we got to go to New Zealand's first and only Carl's jr!!!!! :) That was SOOOO AWESOME!!!! :) haha but anyways besides that not much else to report!!! I love ya'll heaps and pray for each and every one of you!!! have a wonderful week I love you!!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! :) Love the one and only Elder Devey

No comments: