Monday, September 12, 2011

Hey everybody!

Hello everyone!! :) How's everyone doing?!
Geeze after awhile it feels like I"m writing the exact same email every week!! They come and go so fast it feels like everyday! Well I always love to report to you all about what's going on and what's new!! So this last week was a pretty crazy week! One thing I don't like about being a Zone Leader is that we have to do so many errands and things it's not even funny! This week we were hardly in our own proselyting area it was really weird! So P-day actually was pretty boring last week.  Nobody had money to do anything! But it was alright!
Then monday night we came all the way up to Kaikohe which is the very very north of New Zealand.  We worked with the missionaries up here for the night than spent Tuesday with them as well and went to District Meeting with them.  It was really fun we're so blessed to have such wonderful missionaries in the zone.  They're just incredible!
Than Tuesday night we made the long trip all the way to Auckland and stayed with missionaries in Henderson the Zone leaders there elder Moss and Kitchen.  Than Wednesday morning was Zone leader council.  And this was the first time in a long time and the last time that I would ever see Elder Atkin on the mission again! He's going home this transfer.. Ah I love that guy so much!! It was fun being there with him! The council was awesome:) Learned so much it was just mean!! I was definantely the youngest missionary there haha.  President was sure to point that out! They're all such amazing missionaries I am so not worthy to be there with them!!  There's l0ots of really cool changes happening in the mission I'm excited!
So we finally got back Wednesday night to our area.  Than President Lekias came and worked with us for the day on Thursday!! How lucky are we?! He's really awesome like that! He loves to come and work with the missionaries in the field!  That was a lot of fun!! :) We had all the missionaries and senior couples in the area meet up and Elder Whaanga and I ran a District Meetinng with everyone there.  Fun day but never had that experience with working directly with a Mission President! Besides Niue but that's all service basically!! :) So that was a big surprise!! Than Friday is planning and things for the Zone like ALL day!! So
Saturday was like our only full on legit day to work in our own area!! It was a really strange crazy week!!! But it was so much fun I just love serving what can I say?! :)  We have a temple trip coming up soon!! Can not wait for that!! So excited!! I really took for granted temples back home!!! Because this feels like.. Ah I don't know how to explain it!! Better than the super bowl or anything else that's for sure!! And we have stake conference this week! President Lekias and also the temple president will be coming:) Besides that not much else going on!! Just figuring out what I'm doing!! It's a work in progress that's for sure!! But I love being out here more than anything.. What a privilege and honor it is to be here serving the Master.. I love you all and miss you so much!!! Have a fantastic week!!!! :) LOVE YOU!!!!
Love Elder Devey

No comments: