Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011


Hi everybody!!! :) I thought the next time I would be on a plane or the next time I'd be leaving New Zealand would be to go home! Guess I was wrong! The Lord has something else in store for me! A call to a new land! So next email you get or next time you hear about me will be on the island of Niue.. The adventure of a lifetime!! Buckle up ladies and gentlemen were in for a ride!!! I'm just absolutely pumped that's all I have to say!!
So this week Elder Espino and I really focused everything on consecration.  We studied all about it and this week really went far and beyond to consecrate ourselves as servants to the Lord to a greater and higher degree.  We saw so many miracles!! This week was probably the best week of this transfer.  The whole transfer has been a trial and I've never worked so hard in my entire life.  But our efforts with the Lord's grace and mercy is all starting to pay off.  Right after I leave there will be 5 baptisms before the end of the month.. Answering President Porter's call of baptizing weekly.  I can proudly say that this transfer I served with "No Regrets" though I won't be able to see the fruit of our labors it was all so worth it..Not only will these lives be blessed greatly and they'll be saved, but my soul and my own life has been blessed greatly over this transfer.. I learned lessons that can never be taken away from me.  I was shaped and molded to someone I never thought possible I could become.  I now have a testimony that I know with all my heart can never diminish or weaken.  I know that this event this transfer happened for a reason.  And I have purpose to believe that it was to make me into that person, that instrument, that the Lord wanted me to be going to Niue.. Maybe I wasn't where I was supposed to be so the Lord threw me into the "refiner's fire" to get me to be that missionary that was foreordained to go forth to Niue.  But I can tell you now that I can confidently say that I am ready.. I've never been so excited for anything in my life.. This will be an experience that I will never forget and it's in a few days!!!! :)


This week was wonderful!  We had a mission tour/conference with President Porter and Elder Callister of the Area Presidency.  It was amazing, and had great messages.  Apparently all these areas out here in the country are very difficult and hard to baptize.  (Which I've noticed by how the people treat ya haha) But that hasn't stopped us! This area will be baptizing just like the areas in the city this month! So it can be done! With that faith and trust in the Lord and hard work anything and everything is possible.  There are no limits with God!! :) But anyways it was a lot of fun talking to everyone about Niue.  I hung out a lot with an Elder that served there about a year ago.  Some incredible experiences! He got me so excited! Than at the end E. Callister interviewed 5 random missionaries but President wanted me to be interviewed by him before I go.  So I had the privilege of sitting one on one with him and having an interview.  He was the President for the Toronto East mission Ben! haha right after you left though! Anyway he gave some wonderful advice about Niue and we had a great talk.  Some miracles this week I will see a baptism right before I leave! Wednesday night! haha Clayton had stuff in the way this weekend again so we're going to just jump the gun and get it over with! So ALL this hard work and the very last night I'm here I'll finally see a soul saved.. And I know that will make it ALL worth it.. So can't wait for that!! :)

Heading off to a new land and can't wait to talk to you all next week again!! I love you all so much!! Have a great week!!!
Elder Devey

No comments: