Monday, March 21, 2011

Hi there everybody!!! :) This week was a fun week! Some more crazy fun
experiences! I hope you all are doing well and always my prayers are
with you!  Well all we do here is service service and more service!!
haha since I've been here we haven't taught anyone.  There's no one to
teach here! haha the population is down to below 1,000 people now.  It
used to be 60% LDS, but all the members have moved! Still most people
here are members.  So we're with members all the time now, mostly
eating cause that's what they love to do! haha you know Feki, Elder
Groberg's companion on Other Side of Heaven? He used to live here, and
he spent a lot of the day yesterday with a relative of his! haha They
call this place the real other side of heaven.  The "rock"of the
Pacific.  A tiny little island but it's lifted up from the ocean with
huge cliffs.  The way to the ocean is through caves.  There's only a
couple of beaches.  The caves and the ocean are absolutely beautiful!
It's incredible here.  The bush and trees are amazing!  So green, it
looks like jurassic park out here.  The people are amazing and
absolutely love the missionaries.  We get special permission to eat
with them every day. haha.  In New Zealand it was only 4 times a week.
Here it's as much as we want!  So hopefully I don't come back fat! We
burn it off with service trust me!  We helped one of the big families
that are members move this last friday.  The mom actually flew with me
here and sat with me.  She's the prime minister of Niue, and she's
moving to do government stuff in New Z.  So another big hit on our 2
little branches.  We do everything here! Bless and do the sacrament.
Run the chapels and all the supplies.  Pick up and take the people to
church in our van.  So it's a lot of fun!  So we are blessing lives
just in a different way!  It's definantely very peaceful here, and
there are breathtaking sceneries everywhere you look.  Just a humble
little place set apart from the world.  The other day we were at the
sea with the people and they were spear fishing and we ate the fish,
crab, and all sorts of stuff just raw right there! haha The people all
live off of the land here, it's just amazing that there's a world like
this! I thought this stuff was in the old days! haha it's been a lot
of fun! Language barriers with a lot of people though! They do speak
english just most not that good haha same with my companion! It's been
an adventure and it will continue to be! :) I'm excited and I know the
Lord has me here for a reason.  So I'll continue to give my all to
these people and I know the blessings and miracles will come!! :) I
love you all so much!!! And hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
Manuena Aho!! :)

No comments: