Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011

Why hello there everybody!!!!
 Guess what that Tsunami hit us!! haha just kidding! Sorry mom and dad!! :) Were pretty safe here don't you all worry! I know how scared you all are for me! haha Well I'm glad to be writing you all again!! Hope that this week has brought many blessings and that you've all been able to see the hand of the Lord in your daily life!! It's there so look for it if you haven't! Something that I've seen lately that I'm sure all of you have as well is how this truly is the "last days"...Seems like it's just disaster after disaster.  Continue to have that hope and faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and everything will be okay! I promise!!



This week was fun!! Haven’t had single lessons!! Where before we'd have 20-30 a week! Definitely a different mission out here! Serving like crazy! Never been so tired!! But I love it, I love the people here.. They're are absolutely amazing.. The population keeps becoming less and less.. All the members seem to be moving to! We have two branches.  Ones really good it's got 60 or 70 members.  But they're all related! haha the other branch has 12!  If it wasn't for us missionaries that branch would suffer greatly!! We pick everyone up to church with our massive van, we give talks a lot, bless the sacrament, we do it all there! haha It's funny we are definitely the representatives of the church here. 

Our "mission home" is on the same grounds as one of our chapels.  We look after all the chapels and keep them clean and do the repairs.  We do a lot here so we're pretty busy! It's fun to! I'm learning many different things!  The people here are incredible; it really is like that island we all think of where people are living by their own efforts.  They all have their own plantations in the bush which we go help a lot with.  They all hunt and kill a lot of their own food.  The island runs out of supplies a lot because the boat comes once a month.  And the plane once a week but that just carries people not supplies.  Most people here are really old and a lot of them only speak Niuean.  The young families move to New Zealand.  There are still a lot of great families here, but it just keeps decreasing.  You get to know everyone here on the island really good.  See them every day!! haha.  In the mission everyone wants to come here but they don't know what it's really like! Probably the hardest area of the mission.  Just the two of us here and no one to really teach! But I know there's someone out there, there has to be. So we're doing our best to find how we can fulfill our roles and our sacred calling of a missionary.  I love it here! But as well it's a trial! But I welcome this opportunity to learn and grow! In the end it's just an incredible adventure that I get to be a part of! Not much else to report!

 Just living like an islander! Taro, fish, pig, chicken, corn beef, all of that all the time!! haha we ate raw fish, oysters, clams, etc straight from the sea again on Saturday. Played volleyball with the villagers on Friday night again.  Just a different world out here! Very hot! Soooo humid and hot!! It's rough! Our van is really nice though and has awesome A/C so that's a huge tender mercy from the Lord! Still getting used to it all but I'm settling in now finally! haha It's crazy we cut, or mow lawns, if you call them lawns here all the time! When we're thirsty we'll just climb a coconut tree and drink from a coconut! haha that's out it is here!! It's absolutely beautiful here too.. I've never been somewhere more beautiful.  Sunsets are incredible, never seen stars like the ones here.  So all of that sort of stuff is awesome! But the missionary work side of things is hard.. To be honest I'd rather be back in ugly South Auckland or something being a missionary! haha Teaching and talking to everyone is in reality easier than this! haha But I'm grateful to be here and I know it's for a purpose.. It's just different is all!! The Lord wants me here so I'll do everything in my power to serve and do all I can within my power for the people here.. The Lord will take care of everything!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!! I love and miss you all SOO much!!!!! :)
 

No comments: