Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

What better way to spend the day than spreading the Lord's love to all?! So it's all good! :) Hope everyone had a wonderful week this week and hope that dad had an incredible birthday and Heather had a great one as well a little earlier!! I miss and love you all! And especially on this Valentine's Day I spread my love to you all back home!!
This last week was a good one! I feel confident with our area again.  We've been able to keep it rolling and get it back on track.  This last week we were able to set a few for baptisms, so some will be coming up here.  None for this upcoming week though.  The one we had for this week fell through on us he just disappeared! But we have solid ones coming up so that's exciting!  This last week we had heaps of tradeoffs.  We had a 2 and a half day one with our DL because he lives so far away.  Than the next day we had one with our zone leaders.  It was so funny, poor Espino was absolutely terrified to run the area! That literally feels like just yesterday when I was like that! It basically was!  Things have been going great.  We've been working hard each and every day.  We've been able to have a lot of success which has been wonderful.  The Lord has truly been providing for us.  It's amazing how he really does take care of everything.  If you but have faith and say your prayers and go to work he really will take care of the rest.  If we're obedient to God’s commandments and work hard and seek the kingdom of God all else truly will be added unto us.  We've been able to have a high number of lessons and as well investigators to sacrament meeting.  We need to just finish up and get them baptized! So this week we're going to just go nuts and literally declare repentance and baptism to everyone!  This week we're going to try our best to invite and commit all our investigators to baptism.  It's going to be so much fun! I'm excited! :) Nothing better than serving the Lord!!
Having this new calling has been a wonderful experience. Espino's great! It's been a lot of fun!! Some really funny experiences! It helps me to realize how much I've truly been able to change on my mission.  Seeing someone who just came out of the world and his testimony makes me realize how this experience really does change your life.  I used to be just like him, and now I don't even remember those days even though it was about 6 months ago! I can't believe how fast the time has gone!!! I'm already 1/4 done!! :( to fast!!!!! It's kind of scary... Of course I'd be excited to come back home!
It's so amazing here. And being this close to the Lord constantly is something I want for the rest of my life.  I've been able to grow a lot.  When we stretch ourselves is when we truly grow.  If we continue doing everything we've always done, we'll get what we've always got.  So we got to stretch, go outside our comfort zone and that's when the growing and progression takes place.  We need to continuously be looking to the next step that will get us closer to Christ and how we're going to do it.  If we're not moving we won't ever change, things won't get better! I've learned that a lot with this whole experience.  I was forced outside of my comfort zone and I've grown so much its incredible.  I feel like a completely new man.  The Lord is shaping and molding me to who he wants me to become.  All we have to be is willing and allow this change to take place and trust in the Master's hands.  These concepts have helped me so much to accelerate my growth, strengthen my testimony, and draw closer to Christ.  And it applies in all aspects of life.  So if you want something new or want to grow have faith and go for it! Act! Do something new work for it the Lord will provide!  I've definitely learned that trials make us grow so much as well.  They do of course seem hard at first or even unbearable, but in the end it is all for our own good. We're down here to grow, progress, and prepare to return back.  How are we going to grow if we don't experience hardship? There must be an opposition in all things.  That way we truly can become like our Father in Heaven!  So I've truly been grateful for the experiences and trials the Lord has put before me, it has helped me in so many ways.. All I can say is keep them coming!! I want to be the best instrument in the Lord's hands I can possibly be! So I'm excited for trials! :) Anyways hopefully these lessons I've learned will be of benefit to some of you as well! Hope you all have an incredible week!! My prayers are with you all! I miss and love you all!!! :)

No comments: