Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 26, 2012 Kia Ora!!!!

Kia Ora Whanau!!! :) How is everyone?!?! I hope absolutely fantastico!! I can definantely say that I am!!! The Lord has been blessing us abundantly it's unreal!! Oh my goodness how I love this work and life!! Sorry I'm just pumped right now! And you might say ah that's cuz the bro is trunky and he's excited to come home! But not even!! Just looking back at the mission, the experiences and the memories.. I think I have tasted a sample of a "fulness of joy".. I'll forever be eternally grateful for this sacred opportunity and privilege I had to be in his service... How I love this work and how I love the Savior whom I serve.. I do not want to part this chapter of my life and the people I so love.. But I must move on.. It's a part of life! :( I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon! Just warnin ya i'm not as dashing as I once was! haha :) But nonetheless I would hopefully say that I am the new and improved Elder Devey!! :) Hopefully I make ya'll proud! Don't wanna dissapoint! So may I tell ya of the week and the happenings thereof? Alright I'll get into it don't you fret!! So last monday guess what we did?! Well just the two of us so we went and kicked it at a nearby beach! Where we live and the area we conver is on a peninsula out in the ocean so there is beach everywhere! That'll be weird bout comin home! Some of my areas especially Niue I could see or hear ocean at all times! Soon that will be no longer! haha but anyways so we took heaps of pics and videos and all that good stuff:) The night was quite decent had some lessons and all that good stuff! Tuesday was really good!! We went on a quick tradeoff with the Assistants! My first son Elder Espino came with me and we went to a couple of lessons. That was super fun! Wow he has grown so much! Everyone wants their son to succeed past them! haha That's my boy!! He shared some comments with me and thoughts that meant a lot.. About when we served together and things we learned from eachother. He said some very sweet things in regards to how I helped him and the effect I have had on his service. It meant a great deal to me.. How I love Elder Espino!! I've loved all my companions so so much each and every one has been so incredible and I'll forever be grateful for laboring with these choice servants of the Lord:) So that was a great little tender mercy from the Lord on Tuesday! It was fun savin souls with him just like in the old days!! Some members that night brought us a new couch for the flat which we love and adore!! lol This area is so beautiful! I know I say that about all of my areas but it is!! And the members are as well!! I've really loved serving in this area and it's amazing how the Lord has provided for us.. It has been ALL him and his spirit and it's amazing to see the miracles that have taken place over this last transfer!! On Wednesday we had a Missionwide conference!! Back to my roots in Redoubt Rd Stake Centre in South Auckland, Manurewa!! :) My very first chapel and area! So that was special and also because the ENTIRE mission got to get together and that would be the last time I'd see mostly all of them... At the conference Elder Christiansen of the Presidency of the Seventy was in attendance with his wife. Also Elder Pearson of the Area Presidency over the Pacific and his lovely wife. Many others and all the senior couples and all of the missionaries. It was so great and so special. Great opportunity especially here towards the end of my service. That was a lot of fun and the spirit was so strong.. Just like at transfers as we were singing "Called to Serve" as a mission the emotions could not be withheld. I realized that'd be the last time I'd sing that beautiful song with the great NZAM... It broke my heart!! I was basically bawling as we were all standing and singing.. Missionaries were probably like what's up with this Elder?! haha :) Na they know me better than that!! So it was really hard saying goodbye to those whom I have come to love... Devestating!!! I hate goodbyes!! I'm a wimp when it comes to such!! Things are gonna just keep getting harder from here on now.. Buckle up!! :) So that was a wonderful day!! Turns out my last trade off ill ever have to go on started that night with our Zone Leaders!! It was super fun!! I worked him to the ground that's for sure!! haha just kidding! We did work very had and witnessed even more miracles!! So it twas quite enjoyable!! We done quite a lot of service this week! Moved two families and moving is a pain I tells ya!!! But they very much so appreciated it!! Partmember families and less-actives so it was super good!! And a lot of fun as well!! I love doin service!! No better way to softening hearts and being like Christ!! :) Already within this area though it has been a short amount of time I have come to love the peeps here very much as well!!! :) The people we are teaching are incredible and so amazing!! And the converts that are coming in are awesome as well!! From where it was when we came in to where it is now it's incredible!! :) Oh the miracles I tells ya!! Oh ya it was my birthday this last week!!!! :) I'm now 21!! Which is a big deal in NZ!! ha So it was fun!! I didn't tell to many people though!! That's when we moved one fam! They had us over that night as well for dinner(fishnchips) and cake!! So it was mean as!! :) That's bout it for my bday though!! It was really fun!! Nothin better than serving the Lord on your bday!! Got quite a few calls from missionaries and others wishin happy bday though which was fun!! Though some of em were disobedient:) haha President and his wife called and sang to me! Than the assistants and president sang again later!! Than some missionaries I'm super close to from other areas called and sang with their comps haha! :) So those were all nice surprises:) Than on Saturday my bday weekend guess what?!! We saved a soul!! I realized on all my bday weekends of the mission I've had baptisms and also Christmas and the Eves as well!! So those have been huge blessings!! :) Alred Tuiaki was baptized!!! :) Our tongan uso!! It was fun!!! :) Nothin better than savin souls!!! :) It was a really special baptism he's the man!!! Later that day we saw Et Low whose lookin awesome for the 1st!!! It's still on for them gettin married, baby blessed and baptized all on one day!!!!! :) They're so excited as well it's incredible!!!! They're such a miracle!!! :) I love em heaps!!! The ward has been awesome with it as well!! He's the center of attention for everyone the relief society has organized so much for it and same with the priesthood it's gonna be a pretty big deal can't wait!!! Gonna be a miraculous last weekend!!! What a blessing it has been for these last 3 weekends to have a baptism each one.. Even with the tough as area!! The Lord is so merciful!! And the 4th weekend the very last one in NZ on the 8th my parents with I get to go witness the sealing of Junior and Allison for my last weekend here.. How amazing is that!!!!?? :) I love this work so much!!!!! :) On Sunday it was really fun!! Got to give my last talk!!! :) The whole sacrament meeting was a missionary themed sacrament meeting and it was really special getting to speak in front of the people... An experience and a feeling I'll never forget..:) It's amazing to see the changes in that ward.. Going from not having a baptism for 2 years to 2 these last 2 weekends!! They're all pumped about it!! The Spirit is workin and everyone has caught the fire and are contributing so much!! So that's been heaps of fun!!!! :) The bishop got up and even talked about that same change! OUur WML there is incredible!! Bro. Rapata I contribute all of it to him and the Lord!! The works rollin!! :) Yeeehaw!!!! So ya most of our attention has been to that ward! We saw the challenge, accepted it and have worked our tails off and the Lord has provided as he always does:) So Super fun Sunday and than Elder Luamanuvae got to do his first confirmation which was very special:) So wonderful birthday weekend!! Yay!!! Things are going wonderful here and looking forward to this last weekend that's gonna be super busy and fun!! Can't wait!! I miss you all and love you all so so much!!!! :) May God continue to watch over and bless you all!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! :) Love Elder Devey

No comments: