Monday, July 9, 2012

July 8, 2012

Allllooooohaaaa!! Gday!!! :) This be Elder Devey here grateful to be back on yet another preperation day! Always love to simply let ya'll know how much i love you all and how much I care for every single one of you! You are always in my prayers and I continue to hope the best for all of you!! What can I say?! This week was yet another great one! It was sweet as! As they say! Things going good here as always! We had quite a lot of trade offs this last week! We've been working with our missionaries heaps and helping them. It's been way good! Except I'm like the oldest missionary in the zone and soon to be the oldest zone leader in the mission! I feel so stinkin old and also like I don't know any of these missionaries! All the ones I was really close to have been long gone except for some of my companions that I've built strong friendships with. So it's really weird! But it's all good! I guess I have been here this long.. Still feels like I just came out! Never before have I seen two years move by so fast... But the blessing is it's still not over!! I still got time to go hard!! :) When I get off that escalator back home i wanna collapse in front of everyone! lol I'm doing my best to leave it all on the court! Hopefully he has been pleased with my service! Well!! How bout I tell ya about this week? What do ya say? So pday was alright nothin to exciting or epic I guess! But quite decent really! Had a little trade off that night to make things exciting! I went with my good ol Niuean companion Elder Losalu! My faithful tongan!! It was way fun! It's amazing to see the progression he has made he is incredible! So we had fun savin souls that night! :) Tuesday was a really good day! Went to district meetings as always and did our thing! And it just started pouring!!! A few days this week it was going hard!! Sometimes when it rains here oh man it can rain!! So that was exciting!! lol feel bad for those missionaries on bikes! Especially feel really bad when the sister missionaries are out bikin around while we're in our little blue yaris cruisin around! ha poor sisters! So tuesday was pretty good! Also we were over in Papatoetoe taken care of some things for the missionaries so we thought we'd pop in and surprise Junior and Allison my converts from almost a year ago! :) I've caught up with Junior here and there but I haven't seen Allison since I was in the area! She was absolutely pumped!! It was so good to see them and to be with them!! They are going to be sealed in the temple for sure the same week as my birthday and me and Elder Whipple get to go along!! :):):) Elder Whipple came into Papatoetoe a bit after i left but his claim to them is that he re-activated them! haha not true they've been soldiers since they were baptized! But they like him as well so they were more than excited to have us go along! And it was also special we gave little Vincent a priesthood blessing because he wasn't feeling well. And Junior has had the Melchizedek Priesthood for quite along time now but it was special to see him give his son a blessing... I just love them soooo much!!! :) They both have callings in the ward and it's all good!! :) So that was really fun to catch up with them and to hear the good news! Miracles!! The members have been awesome lately!! We've received quite a lot of referrals and they're all really good as well! Heaps of potential baptisms!! So we're pretty pumped about that!! July 4th wasn't too exciting!! haha We had our Zone Leader Council which was really fun! But during the middle of it we had to take off cuz Elder Whipple had to go to the doctors. So we missed lunch and apparently they did a cake and everything and sang American songs! haha So we missed out on the little celebration but it's all good! Councils are always fun! The rest of the day was pretty good! Just applyin what we learned! The next day we went on another trade off! I went with the Utah Utes coach's son Elder Whittingham!! haha:) It was way fun!! He's the man we get along very well and had a lot of fun together! So that was really fun!! Let's see what else?! Well fridays are always pretty lame because we're inside for a good chunk of the day planning! So we got fed up with it and went out and did heaps of service!! It was way good! Elder Whipple absolutely loves doin service! So we've done quite a lot! So we mowed quite a few lawns! Even people that refused to us prior we just showed up and did it anyways! It was really good and everyone was very grateful for it! :) Saturday was pretty good as well! Went to some baptisms in the zone and saved souls!!! :) There's this market in our area every saturday and there is always heaps of people and we were around this alley way that everyone uses to get over there and we just talked to heaps!!! I love just goin hard preachin and teachin on the streets! Met some really good keen people that we're hopin to baptize soon! So that was pretty exciting!! :) Sunday was very good as well! Quite a lot of people came to church which was a blessing and a miracle in itself! Members bringing non-members as well that we are now teaching! :) it's been good!! Than we had more feeds with members as always! Stuffin us silly!! More lessons and all that good stuff! So it was a really good Sunday!! :) I know I've told ya bout the diet before. Well I wasn't to committed I just love the island food so much dang it! ha but now it's super legit! Elder Whipple has to because of his body and such. So he's got this strict diet program and we even got a member to go buy us food that matched the criteria! ha I've never seen so much green in a missionaries flat! It's been ridiculous! We're eatin way healthy now! Except when we're on trade off and I get away from him than I do my usual! haha But it's been really good i suppose! Hopefully I'm losin weight! We'll see! Today for pday we're thinkin of hittin a nearby driving range! That'll be a lot of fun!! :) Besides that not much else to update you guys on! Just know that I love you all and hope you have a great week!!! :) Love Elder Devey

No comments: