Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feb. 12, 2012 Back to South Aucks!!

Hey everybody!!! :) First of all congratulations to my sister Amber and Russell for what's coming this week!!! So excited for you guys and may the Lord bless you as you take this beautiful step in your life! I love you guys so much!!! :)
 
How is everyone?! I hope all is well as always!! Great to hear from you all and to hear all the good that is happening! Oh how the Lord is merciful!! Sounds like it's been a great week for everyone!! :) My week was super good!! But yes as you could see I left the Northland... Sad to say goodbye and it was pretty hard to as well! But it's all good because the Lord sent me to where I know I need to be..
 
So now I'm still the Senior Zone Leader but over Manukau/Papatoetoe:):):) One of the "big three" as they call it! Absolutely pumped to be back down here! It's been to long since I was last in the city!! So we're in Mangere over Thomas Rd. Ward.  Which is a well-known ward throughout the mission.  It's a powerhouse that's for sure!! We have an army of prospecitve missionaries who will come and be with us all day! haha it's so cool!! They're all way awesome! There's 3 districts in the zone and 11 companionships.  So it's been super super busy!!! I"m so grateful that the Lord is giving me the opportunity to sprint here at the end of my mission!! It's been a blast since I've been here so far!! We've enjoyed working so much in our area that we hardly ever eat!! haha but than our dinner appointments are massive islander feeds anyways as they are down here!! So I'm also scared still being in the car that I will put on heaps of weight before I come home! Hopefully not! but if I do than so be it! :)
 
So I'm stoked to be here!! And it's so cool because throughout my mission I"ve kept coming to this area or to this flat.  Like at the very beginning of my mission when I came to this ward with Elder Smith for 2 weeks.  And also heaps of other times before and after Niue, etc etc I keep ending up at this wards flat and I always had a feeling that I would be serving in this area someday.  And lo and behold here I am!!! :) So I"m very excited to be here and am looking forward to the work moving forward:)
 
My new companion's name is Elder Byam.  He's the man!! My first Canadian!! :) It's been fun with him he is a very hard worker! Grateful to be with a fire ball like him because it's gonna keep us both serving like never before!!!  It's also super good to be able to be around islanders again!! Just such loving, wonderful people!! The Maori's and Pakeha's(white folk) are definantely all good up in the North! But just not as accepting and loving as the Islanders are!! So i'm very excited to be around the "believing blood"!! I got to give a talk on Sunday and it's been awhile since I've stood in front of a ward that size!! Felt like back in Utah!! :) Oh how I love the mission!!!! I love every second of it!! It's been a sacred honor and privilege to serve our Master.. I know that he lives and that he is laboring along side with me.. I have seen his hands and know him.. His love and mercy are beyond my comrehension.. But I do know that he has provided us a way in which to be saved and that is through him... I love you all and hope you have another fantastic week!!!! :) May God bless you and watch over all of you.. Kia Kaha"be strong". I LOVE YOU!!! :)
 
Love Elder Devey
 
ps these are pics of some of the favs up north and also at OJ's setting apart! He's an elder in that pic with the whole fam:) Love the Bourne's one of my all-time favorites!!!! LOVE YOU!!!! :)

No comments: