Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 11, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Hi there everyone!!! :) Well can I just say especially at this time of year I miss you all very very much!! It finally has started feeling like Christmas season even though it is blazing hot here! Haha and that's because of the Spirit of Christ as of late! Things have just been going super lately! The Lord has blessed us greatly! I hope that he has been blessing and watching over you all as well this special time of year.  Though I know he is! I pray for you all always and wish you all the best!! :)

 This last week was an awesome week! A few miracles to relate and also just nothing better than serving the Lord I'm telling ya!! So starting off last Pday was really fun! We went with the whole Whangarei district up to a peak that overlooks the city of Whangarei and took pictures and things and went and played touch and such! So that was fun I'll attach pictures of those. That monday night was super busy with lessons with some keen wonderful people! Things are looking promising!! As they always are I suppose!

  On Tuesday, due to how the mission did last month President has been doing "specialized trainings with all of the missionaries in each zone.  So he and the APs came up and did this training and also went forth and did trade offs with all the missionaries! Cool huh?  That's what I really like about President, he loves getting on the battlefield and joining the ranks! So that was a lot of fun!! :) We then on Wednesday had another Zone Leader Council, they just come and go so fast! So we traveled down and stayed the night and went in the morning.  I always love those meetings.  Get to learn so much and it's always such a wonderful experience!  And I got Christmas packages from the family and from the ward!! Yay!! So thank you to all who participated in that! It's always fun getting gifts!!

 On Thursday we had a miracle! Roimata, a girl we've been teaching for awhile is the coolest girl ever!! She's goes to church all the time, has even given a talk and is just awesome! But the dad is a staunch Ratana(a Maori religion)(Break off from our church).  And he refuses to allow her to get baptized because she was Christined when she was young.  Anyways we've tried talking to him before but to no avail.  So we decided to get our bold pants on because she can only progress so far without baptism.  And it strengthened my testimony seeing how Christ is the WHY of everything, and also his doctrine.  We just taught him baptism, why we do it, what it's for, etc and his heart was softened and he is going to allow her to be baptized!!!! :) Miracles!!! She was ecstatic when she found out because she has been wanting it for forever!! So that was exciting!! So her and NarissaMay will be this weekend coming up!! :)

  And this last weekend we were blessed to witness the baptism of our man Clayton Wihongi! My second Clayton on the mission! haha might need to name a son that I dunno! It was an awesome baptism and it's breaking the way that we may be able to bring in the rest of his family! The dad's a member but the mom and two older brothers aren't.  So hopefully more miracles come because of Claytron! We're hoping so! I've been able to see that quite a bit on my mission where a member of the family paves the way for the rest of them to join! So we'll see!! So that was a lot of fun! Church and the confirmation on Sunday was really special! More good stuff! Oh the blessings of serving a mission! Things like that just make it all worth it! :)

  On Sunday, due to some incidents with a missionary that I can't share with you.  We've had to do like a 4 day trade off and on Tuesday when they all come up for Christmas Conference he'll be E-shifted out.. So that's been interesting the last couple of days!! He wasn't allowed to go to his ward so I went with his companion.  And of course when the ward sees a new face what happens?! A 15 minute talk like always!! haha So that was another good growing experience for me.  I used to hate stuff like that but now I love it!! Felt like Niue again where every sunday I gave like a 30 minute talk!! haha So I didn't mind! 

 So last week was a great one and last night we got a chance to watch the First Presidency Xmas Devotional.  And oh my goodness that was so incredible... One of the best I've seen it was just wonderful!!! :)  So coming up this week we have our Christmas conference this Tuesday where the leaders of the  mission are coming up here and also Elder Watson of the Seventy who used to be a secretary to the first presidency for 40 years will be addressing us!!! So that'll be awesome!!! :) And it's just our zone not the mission so that'll be a lot of fun! I love being with the whole zone!! Also NarissaMay and Roimatas baptism this weekend so please pray for that!!:)

 Well I love you all and hope your enjoying this beautiful time of year!!! Always remember what it's truly about and cherish those thoughts and memories!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! :)
 
Love Elder Devey

No comments: