Monday, April 18, 2011

HAPPY EASTER

FALOFA LAHI ATU!!! MALOLO MATULU?! FAKAUAE?! IA!! FAKAUE LAHI!!! :)
Hey everybody!!! Aloha from paradise!!! The jewel of the pacific Niue Island!!! Can you still believe that I'm here?! I sure can't!! Ai a Wei!! It's definitely a huge blessing to be having an experience like this and to have such a wonderful journey on my mission thus far!! It's just the funniest thing ever!! Who wouldn't want to serve a mission?! Man!! You just get blessed like crazy out here in the field! No matter what part of the Lord's vineyard! Especially out here in the furthermost parts of his vineyard! Haha.  I hope you have all had a wonderful week and hope you all have a wonderful Easter as well and to feel and see the Savior's gifts in your own lives and what he's done for you as you reflect on him and his resurrection.  What a beautiful time of year! Except it sounds like it's still pretty bitter with the weather there! It still is way too hot here!! Its cyclone season so there has been a couple of rainstorms but besides that feels like I'm about to catch on fire every second of the day!! But I love it!! I haven't seen a winter since... I can't remember! Because I left Utah and dodged a winter there because it was starting to get warm in NZ than I left NZ right when it was starting to get cold again and came here! Now skipping another winter! By the time I see a winter again will be in 2012! 2 straight years without cold winter! How lucky am i?! Told you! Blessings of the mission! Sorry for confusing ya with that math! But anyways I'll let ya know what's going on here on "the rock"! Sorry still no pics with emails, soon hopefully i will send home heaps of photos than you can all see what it's like on a tiny island like this! Haha.
So this last week was a beautiful wonderful week!!! We had a BAPTISM!!! Heck yes!! The miracle island is what we call it! It's now happening here to!! And we got some potential with others so hopefully more are on their way!! In the NZAM mission they are striving to baptize weekly.. So why don't I just carry that success we had to here?! Haha well clearly it's not that easy but I will still give it all I've got regardless.  So the girl's name is Felolini Fomai.  She's half Tuvaluan and Kiribati; Islands that you may not have heard of. But my comp before, Baraniko was from Kiribati.  That family is so that's been fun.  Losalu baptized her and I confirmed her.  It was a lot of fun.  And since eating is everything to the islanders we had a massive kai(feed) after! It was a really fun day!! Nothing more I love than seeing souls saved and entering into the Lord's kingdom! I crave that sight more than anything! Ah I just love being an instrument in the Lord's hands! Nothing better I'm telling ya!! It's just burning within my soul!! I can tell you all are probably like "the dude's gone crazy!" I am all alone out here on an island!! Remember Cast Away?! the guy went nuts!!


 Haha it's not that extreme here! Calm down mom :)haha I'm sorry I'm just crazy about the gospel!! "In it I'll live and for it I'll die" -Joseph Smith.  That's how important it is people!! So we shall proclaim it to all the earth and rejoice in the islands. (Isaiah 42:12 i think!) Anyways it's been a lot of fun here lately! I'm becoming really close with the people. Heaps of service as always! Getting buff! haha I wish! I do weigh 190ish now so that's a sad note!! haha but I don't look fat trust me! Well at least I'm hoping so! They just hammer down the food down our throats! There's nothing I can do! When I leave with a gut, that'll just be physical proof of our blessings out here!! haha :)
So ya ya'll! As Brooke would say! Things are great here!! Living in paradise! Gotta pinch myself and let me know I'm still a missionary and not on vacation! haha It really is paradise here!! Oh man!! So this week for the festival coming up next week and President coming many pigs shall die... Kinda murderous sounding but it's big events and the best food the people got are their pigs.  Sorry to say mom but they want me to be a big help in that! haha they want the palangi missionary to kill a lot of the pigs for them.. That'll be fun and gross!! The first one we did when I got here was disgusting! It was like a scene on Braveheart or something! Anyways hopefully the spirit stays with me!! :) P-day was fun! I got my camera back and we went around to some caves and beaches and took heaps of pics with our mission leader Eti, this fat Samoan guy! Love him to death he's hilarious! So it was a fun day! Besides that I can't think of much else to report! We've been decorating lots for the festival and have been practicing Niuean dancing with the Alofi people to do for President and the festival! So that'll be funny! I always was a good dancer so it's all good!! ;) I can't think of anything else! Just watch other side of heaven and you'll get the picture!! Haha just kidding! I hope and pray you are all well!! I miss and love you all very very VERY much!!! But not that much.. Haha Love ya'll!! HURRAH
FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!
With love Elder Devey!!

No comments: